GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch pedal went down and stayed down

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Finally got my car back! The petal definitely feels stiffer, and I can only hear a little chatter if my windows are down and something is next to my car. Now I just have to drive it like an old lady for 500 miles😭😂

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
So I had originally ordered the stage 1 clutch kit from ecs (I know, i know) because that had the shipping date listed as the 13th and i paid extra to overnight it. Well it didn't arrive at my mechanic's shop and when I looked it up the shipping date had changed to july 28th. Called and complained and they were actually pretty helpful upgraded me to a DKM stage 2 for 100 bucks extra(because they have it in stock) and are overnighting it for free.

Finally got my car back! The petal definitely feels stiffer, and I can only hear a little chatter if my windows are down and something is next to my car. Now I just have to drive it like an old lady for 500 miles😭😂

Man, you'll have saved a pretty penny over my Southbend Stage 2 daily if that clutch works out as intended; especially with that smoking deal you got due to shipping issues.
can't wait to hear how it feels after you have a while to get used to it.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Yeah it took a bit longer because when they went to bleed it the master cylinder broke. Installed the new master cylinder and they found out the slave that came with the clutch kit was leaking. 🙈 ecs sent a replacement the oem metal one. I'm just happy to have my car back😁

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Yeah it took a bit longer because when they went to bleed it the master cylinder broke. Installed the new master cylinder and they found out the slave that came with the clutch kit was leaking. 🙈 ecs sent a replacement the oem metal one. I'm just happy to have my car back😁
Wow what a deal lmao. I’m worried that DKM is still having the slave cylinder leaking issues though, as I was hoping they’d fixed it but I’ll be buying a metal slave after hearing this.

Also I like DKM because their ratings are at the wheels, not crank so you can hold a bit beyond K04 with the DKM stage 2