GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Color matched grill.

Jekyll991

Ready to race!

All the pictures I've seen with a painted grill also have a golf grill or the front lip so I figured since I finally got around to painting mine I'd post a picture on my otherwise stock car.

I was really impressed with the color match, previously we've had trouble matching red cars, but we were trying out some waterborne stuff from the same company and the matches seem to be better. I might be redoing it in the summer because there's a bit of dirt and a few fish eyes in the clear and it is impossible to buff this thing, but I'll probably get used to it haha

gebunnag

Passed Driver's Ed
Thats a neat job u got their buddy, look really nice. Give me something to think about for sure :thumbsup:

Firestem4

Ready to race!
That looks really good! Good job.

How much would a paint job like that cost on average?

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
Looks pretty nice

Thanks!

i like it!

should've color matched the side markers while you were at it!

I thought about it but I strangely like have the lights there for some reason. Plus my car is a lease and if I decide not to buy it (HIGHLY unlikely) I can easily repaint the grill surround to oe color while I would have to order new sidemarkers.

Still something I may do in the future though.

Thats a neat job u got their buddy, look really nice. Give me something to think about for sure :thumbsup:

Thanks... yeah I seen a few TR on vortex but like I said they all had something else done to the front end so I wasn't sure how it would look but I decided to go for and I'm more than happy with the result.

That looks really good! Good job.

How much would a paint job like that cost on average?

Honestly I'm not sure, obviously it would be a lot cheaper if you take it off yourself(which is really easy, all you need is a t25 torx bit an impact if you want to do it fast haha) and bring it to the shop. Also depends on the color, red paints costs almost double what other colors would cost, but I only mixed 6 ounces and it was more than enough to cover it and the two mounts for the trunk shocks for the hatch pop mod. So paint and materials should only run 40-50 dollars plus whatever they charge for the paint time. If I can remember I'll pull it up on the computer and see how much the 6oz cost to give you a more accurate price.

Last edited:

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
That looks fantastic! Makes me (almost) wish I had gotten the "arrest me red" or CW so I could do this....

Thanks, what color is you car?

color matched sidemarkers and front lip. complete the front end! looks great!

I looked into getting the front lip, but it was going to be more than I'm willing to spend for something so simple. Much rather put that money toward coils or better yet mountain bike parts haha.

chucka

Ready to race!
Color matched side markers are way over rated. if you paint them to match, they are still there with a line around it.

your front end looks great the way it is.

MarcSG

Ready to race!
Color matched side markers are way over rated. if you paint them to match, they are still there with a line around it.

your front end looks great the way it is.

Its either that or fill it all with filler and spray whole bumper or buy a new european bumper. :)