GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Come on washington... where are you?

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Am I going to have any issues with my car when I register it in WA with me being stage 2 with TBE with high flow cat? Just wondering because I want to be able to get plates as soon as I get there and not have to run into issues with the DMV

Sent from my fingers using Tapatalk

I think you'll be fine. I haven't been through emissions with setup (same) but as long as your cat is O2 sensor - i think you will be fine. If you can flip to stock when going through emissions maybe that will help? Not sure... i don't think you will have any problems.

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
I think you'll be fine. I haven't been through emissions with setup (same) but as long as your cat is O2 sensor - i think you will be fine. If you can flip to stock when going through emissions maybe that will help? Not sure... i don't think you will have any problems.

I still have the stock exhaust if I need to put it on but don't really want to deal with all that. I do have the O2 sensor after the cat so hopefully everything will be good. If not then looks like I'll be putting it back on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rush Industries

Ready to race!
Hartmann HLP-410-GS:M 19x8.5 wheels from Achtuning in Redmond WA. back from powder coating. Prismatic Powders color Golden Black Metallic. Powder coating by Seattle Powder Coat.

Rush Industries

Ready to race!
Those look nice! When are they going on the car?

Thanks! Actually, they most likely won't go in the current MkVI... That are for the next car, which will be a black MKVII in about 10 months. I was itching for a project so I started making moves.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Am I going to have any issues with my car when I register it in WA with me being stage 2 with TBE with high flow cat? Just wondering because I want to be able to get plates as soon as I get there and not have to run into issues with the DMV

Sent from my fingers using Tapatalk

I still have the stock exhaust if I need to put it on but don't really want to deal with all that. I do have the O2 sensor after the cat so hopefully everything will be good. If not then looks like I'll be putting it back on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry I'm a little late to the question, but to answer it, you don't have to do emissions on your car in WA state.
Any car newer than 2009 that is CA emissions compliant (which I believe all MK6 cars are) does not have to do emissions testing in WA state. Ever.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
The struggle is real every day. Throwing V's with no response...

I get that all the time too...I don't get it. The older VW's show the most love back, but I see a lot of younger guys in the new MK5's and 6's that just don't care.

dwgolf

Ready to race!
I get that all the time too...I don't get it. The older VW's show the most love back, but I see a lot of younger guys in the new MK5's and 6's that just don't care.

Your right. I don't get it either. Honda guys show much love. Hate those kids though. Living on Alki, every now and then I get a wave, but most of the time no one cares.

I want to know why I'm 33 still looking for a car meet...

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I'm a little late to the question, but to answer it, you don't have to do emissions on your car in WA state.
Any car newer than 2009 that is CA emissions compliant (which I believe all MK6 cars are) does not have to do emissions testing in WA state. Ever.

Awesome man thanks :thumbsup: Also car is on the way there now so this summer ill be looking forward to linking up with people

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Awesome man thanks :thumbsup: Also car is on the way there now so this summer ill be looking forward to linking up with people

Sent you a PM, check it out if you get a chance :thumbup:

socal87

Drag Race Newbie

Not all GTIs are CARB compliant. Hence the difference in engine codes. CBFA is 50 state emissions, CARB compliant, PZEV. CCTA is 48 state non CARB, LEV.

I believe you're right about the 2009 cutoff, though. California has a 6 year law; you pay a smog abatement fee rather than have to have an emissions test performed on your vehicle, until it is 6 years old. Washington, per RCW 46.16a.040, does not require an emissions test on vehicles model year 2009 or newer. Which is why I'm going to retain WA registration as long as I am in the military.

Spotted: blue .:R southbound on Canyon Road this morning in Puyallup. Seen you a few times before.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Are there still WA vw meets? I havent been around for awhile but years ago there used to be one at the tacoma mall in wa. If not anyone thought about starting it up again?

They happen here and there, I don't know about one at the mall specifically though, or at least I haven't heard of it :thumbsup:

Check out our group on Facebook, Seattle Golf R's and Friends (seattlegolfr.com will also have a link on the page to our facebook group). We have meets, cruises, bbq's, all that kind of good stuff, but most of the events are made only on there and not transposed over here.

meph

Ready to race!
They happen here and there, I don't know about one at the mall specifically though, or at least I haven't heard of it :thumbsup:

Check out our group on Facebook, Seattle Golf R's and Friends (seattlegolfr.com will also have a link on the page to our facebook group). We have meets, cruises, bbq's, all that kind of good stuff, but most of the events are made only on there and not transposed over here.

There is a drive to Ocean Shores coming up on MAY 16. Join the FB group for details.