Corrado917's GTI.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
:w00t:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Balls

In & Out!
Finally was able again to get around of one of these, didn't hesitate this time..
The install is a swift (close to not get it done on time for the local dubfest this weekend), I over read unnecessarily the instructions, nice outcome & visual upgrade :thumbsup:

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I love that shifter on mine too.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! Yes it is definitely nicer than the regular versions, funny it came out back in the MK5 era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Before the snow..

Getting some bits completed before the winter hit us, as usual the simple plan is not being underneath the car when it snows, which I have: no fun!

First fix which it should be free fog light access cover, crappy design that unless duct tape you will be always replacing it.

Catch can fix.
Remove this faulty leaky one, without knowing the replacement part's time it would take a lot to arrive.

So I ended up with a magic Gettho Home Depot's ingenious design to stop the issue in the meantime.

New part delivers and nice looking one too. Thanks Ron!

This one got overhauled as well, not as easy as it suggests the installation. Hopefully it won't become faulty like in any other intake manifold

Testing the waters with the subframe, not really in position to ad a more expensive kit but able to install another one fairly cheap.

After the install, Said and done car definitely feels more planted and no more clunking noise at the elevated rail crossings. Original bolts don't show stress mark but new kit it definitely changed the feel of the car.

Finally Installed this new aftermarket piece and I can give a positive feedback for those fellow owners with a rubber TQ Arm Inserts. Car doesn't shake in reverse like before, not so much harsh going forward either, definitely it mitigates better the wheel hop when you floor it, adding a metallic feel at the beginning without been sloppy or harder than other solutions, this should last until I decided if I ever wanna go to a more invasive options with more NVH.

To be continued..:thumbsup:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
For a warmer (Butt) winter.

Big Thanks to jgarcia1925!

After a century getting dust in the garage, this module is finally installed! :happyanim:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys! Not entirely plug & play per se, but three clicks turn the car on & same three turn it off. As for the 2-way system or 1-way, not sure. I’m totally illiterate in Electronics, Jesus installed for me, one small module.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
What's up Man, thanks for the Freebie :thumbsup:

It's been Pure Maintenance:

*Hatch latch replaced.

*Washer fluid hose leak stopped permanently.

*Trunk light operational again & back to LED bulb with 75% visibility.

In other news, after 30K miles plugs got replaced as well; that gap was a horseshoe.

And in preparation for road trip..

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Road trip from Miami to Chicago

After 24 hours,1430 miles & two kids in baby car seats, we finally made to Miami, right on time for New Years! Happy belated one to everyone.:)

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
So I take it the direzzas will be for sale? ;) lol dude sorry I got busy with other car BS and couldn't make it out to you to look at that light. Glad it's working tho

Sent from my distraction device

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Yeah there is a chance, I will keep you updated. Don't worry about the light Man - totally understand, the issue was actually more complex that we originally thought, it came out good at the end, operational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk