Corrado917's GTI.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I will Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I'm back!

This update took longer than a TV series SEASON FINALE, many things have been serviced, installed & updated and more to come. Either I just can’t get enough of this car or I just don’t entirely deny any like to some other options out there..:confused:

Battery: about time & lighter.

Some Exterior miscellaneous..

Went to pass emissions, failed at 1st. Thought, off course, you have to put it back to “stock” at my local shop, turned out I need a new N75 valve, turbo hose & a 3 bar map sensor. These three were a bit imperceptible to me to catch initially as cause of the issue, car never gave a CEL.

Vacuum pump: There was a leak, there was a leak, there was a leak, there was a leak..

Rear main seal: There was a leak, there was a leak, there was a leak, there was a leak..

Fans set: small went bad; either you had a bad module or just the fan, guess what: they work together, so whole unit was replaced.

Fresh suspension: Went with this H&R cup kit & definitely I’m happy with the pick, ride is tighter without been punishing def. exceeds the levels of performance of the Koni struts by far, when pushing hard or just cruising.

Old suspension:The DGs served me well.

Reason to change: In theory there was one strut bad, guess what: Koni STR-T are not reliable as advertised (at least this model), the three of them were bad, 42K miles, in comparison stock shocks lasted 20K+ miles more with the DGs on.

Aside from the all of a sudden bittersweet feedback on the prior set up, the new set up is smooth as FUNK and tight when pushed hard in addition to, nice enough to pass with honors the Wife & kids test.

Since I’m road tripping the car, went back to stocks bushings up front, leaving just few pieces, car feels smooth. These are off “I miss them already”. In my head, is like remove the teeth to a Vampire.

Brake upgrade: New pads, rotors, Tyrol stiffening kit & brake lines all around.
Old brakes had descent wear but wanted to do a refresh not in the Winter - I haven’t pressed them hard the car yet, but you can tell, there is an added bite, gives more confident.

I got some other goodies but getting lazy to install them.

Future: timing chain tensioner (preventive) not waiting “for time will tell” & boom, engine broken! However.. if this ever happen, chances are big, to put this engine and Dsg, along with a BT into a lovely Corrado, making a real nasty Vdub! :evil:

To be continued..

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Any pics of the battery installed? Did you weigh it? Curious how accurate their numbers are. Also, any more pics of that rc car in the last photo? I'm in the market for one for my kids.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Any pics of the battery installed? Did you weigh it? Curious how accurate their numbers are. Also, any more pics of that rc car in the last photo? I'm in the market for one for my kids.

Hi.
The battery so far is on bungee cords, I haven't properly attached it, however is safely connected, inside the box cover, which is a Must when living here in Chicago's cold. As for the weight yes, it weights exactly what Braille claims, shy of 17lbs. I could have gone lighter battery but since I road trip the car(Chicago - Miami), this one meets the criteria of lightweight one with a great long lasting usability & performance, I had a great customer service experience buying it directly from them and been helped with their recommendation. I got it last December, so far no hiccups.

As for the PowerWheels, it's a nice toy, bought it in mind to accommodate my two boys and it has served its purpose (comes with paddles, radio and MP3 connection. I'm buying this thing back from them, once they get older :D

You can get it directly from fisher price or your local toys R us. When I got it, it was only red, now they have black too, and some guy on Internet actually wrap in Martini racing style, I might considered this too at some point but slightly more interested in the battery upgraded"faster" for my older son, doing this becomes perfect for a couple of years more, before to jump into a Go-Kart, for example..

The car semi-preassembled, you just have to do the front bumper, wheels,steering and charge the battery.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Awesome! Thanks for the battery info. I'm going to go this route as well! I'm going to try and find this power wheel locally too! Thanks again for the reply.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Awesome! Thanks for the battery info. I'm going to go this route as well! I'm going to try and find this power wheel locally too! Thanks again for the reply.
You're welcome! :w00t:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Happy Monday People :)

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
2 Chainz

Hello People!
It's getting gradually more difficult pile up good feedback and post it. Trying my best for the fans :)

Anyways. Recently replaced the links, something I was missing at the time we installed the H&R cup kit on the car "which still is awesome, even with A/S tires", there no more noises, additionally you can feel a marginal tightness when taking turns at very decent speed.

In the other hand I was contemplating for the longest (128k miles)do the tensioner and chain, these two finally got done, additional pieces needed as well, such as this mesh, something very hard to catch by the mechanics sometimes during service chains on this MK6 gen.

Browsing around it looks like a regular issue in the MK4s with the 1.8 T, but the MK6 it seems can be added to the party as well :(

After the fix.
Car feels eager and definitely more reactive at low speeds, the feedback from the mechanic was the chain was stretched hence the anomaly perceived.

^^ This one got replaced too for a newer version and I really can tell, oil is not disappearing anymore (Do I drive a rotary?), this engine never exploded either like othe cars with less mileage.

And looks fancy! :D

To Be Continued.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Dust off a bit.

I waited the longest to go down in price.. The original struts began to leak just right on time for this purchase. Small mod, but it helps wonders when it’s grocery time, install was a breeze, since I had already the brackets inversed ( due Modshack kit previously installed).

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ yes. only issue i ever had was when its really really cold out.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
^ yes. only issue i ever had was when its really really cold out.

I haven't tested yet when it's really cold outside, but it's definitely harder to close the hatch than the original struts.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Happy Birthday Babe :wub: