GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Credit Cards Hacked - ECS Tuning

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Yup. Had mine charged Yesterday and my debit card about 2 months ago..

Thanks ECS. Never even got a letter as well.

This was an isolated incident that took place in May of 2012 as stated in our official post:

We value our relationship with you and we look forward to serving your future needs. Regrettably, we would like to inform you that between May 6th and May 10th, 2012, unauthorized access by an unknown third party concerning customers' personal information associated with pending and previously shipped orders occurred. This breach affected less than 3.0% of the ECS Tuning customer base. We have taken prompt action to secure the system to prevent any further compromises.

There has not been any further issues related to this incident since that date. All affected customers were sent appropriate notification per the laws of their home state. If you have concerns please contact your credit card issuer to investigate. Again, ECS Tuning has not had any sort of data breach since the original incident as noted above.

Bump for the latest round of victims...

A paying Forum Sponsor does not appreciate you spreading hear-say and disrespectful comments on the forum for no apparent reason. As a moderator you should be spending your time moderating a helpful and supportive environment for likeminded car enthusiasts, not digging up old threads to showcase Bender’s likes and dislikes of parts vendors.

got 2 orders from ECS about 2-3 months ago and didn't have a problem yet (knock no wood).

That’s because there isn’t a problem here… just bored Moderators. Thanks for shopping at ECS! :thumbsup:

Andy

Last edited:

Merkle

Banned
I did have a strange incident where my bank account showed a pending charge from ECS, but I didn't purchase anything. I kept an eye on it and a week or so later it went away. Looks like I'll be using paypal from now on.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
This was an isolated incident that took place in May of 2012 as stated in our official post:

We value our relationship with you and we look forward to serving your future needs. Regrettably, we would like to inform you that between May 6th and May 10th, 2012, unauthorized access by an unknown third party concerning customers' personal information associated with pending and previously shipped orders occurred. This breach affected less than 3.0% of the ECS Tuning customer base. We have taken prompt action to secure the system to prevent any further compromises.

There has not been any further issues related to this incident since that date. All affected customers were sent appropriate notification per the laws of their home state. If you have concerns please contact your credit card issuer to investigate. Again, ECS Tuning has not had any sort of data breach since the original incident as noted above.

A paying Forum Sponsor does not appreciate you spreading hear-say and disrespectful comments on the forum for no apparent reason. As a moderator you should be spending your time moderating a helpful and supportive environment for likeminded car enthusiasts, not digging up old threads to showcase Bender’s likes and dislikes of parts vendors.

That’s because there isn’t a problem here… just bored Moderators. Thanks for shopping at ECS! :thumbsup:

Andy

LOL you guys are like the retail version of a parts distributor. Charging 85$ for shipping of an S3 intercooler, far from a "likeminded enthusiast".

Last edited:

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
LOL you guys are like the retail version of a parts distributor. Charging 85$ for shipping of an S3 intercooler, far from a "likeminded enthusiast".

If you feel our site or shipping has an error please feel free to contact me (via PM and I would be glad to look into this), email us, or call in!

Andy

Uberryan

Banned

Andy

Well Andy, as an avid forum member, we don't appreciate drop-shippers and parts distributors paying to monopolize our forums, and submit whiny letters to board administrators about how member organized group buys are undercutting your sales, and creating a massive competition on a forum that should only serve to bolster your agenda, because of your $60/month or whatever. No offense, but regardless of forum status, the man has a right to his opinion.

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
if you think $85 for shipping is bad, try getting stuff sent to a APO address. outrageous prices. There was a slip up with ECS but not everyone on here has to bash them for it. It looks bad on there end and I'm sure they lost a lot of business but I'm sure they are trying everything they could to keep it from happening again. Not trying to pick a fight or start a keyboard argument with people on here since i really like coming to the forum but we don't really need to be bashing ECS for the mistake, they know they messed up.

Bender1

Banned

You will notice in the Off topic thread that precipitated this bump I mention how often I buy from you guys! I buy all my maintenance parts, fluids, and supplies from ECS and personally have had great service.

I bump this thread for YOUR benefit as well as your customers' benefit. If someone was victimized by this again, then it is as important for you to know as it is for others. Great customer service starts by knowing what your customers' need, and your attention to this issue is something they certainly need.

I apologize it was not taken this way, and hope you can see that I have a responsibility to EVERYONE.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
this can happen anywhere at anytime. that's why you use paypal. as long as the payment isn't sent as a gift, you're basically safe from anything since they have a bias to the buyer in any transaction. i would never put in credit card info online or over the phone. and the fact that this happened in the past just makes me that more cautious.

needless to say, i've never had an issue with anything i bought from them.

Merkle

Banned
Other than that odd little incident I mentioned earlier I have never had a problem with them. They even sent me the wrong item once, a couple of emails later and it was all taken care of.

When it comes to purchasing anything online, it's good to use a little precaution to protect oneself.

Truth be told, sometimes ECS has cheaper shipping, sometimes they don't. I just shop around and find who has what I need for less, it's not that big of a deal.

For those that have lost money, I hope you get it all back and, I really hope they catch the thieves. I've had my information stolen before, it sucks.

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
this can happen anywhere at anytime. that's why you use paypal. as long as the payment isn't sent as a gift, you're basically safe from anything since they have a bias to the buyer in any transaction. i would never put in credit card info online or over the phone. and the fact that this happened in the past just makes me that more cautious.

needless to say, i've never had an issue with anything i bought from them.

PayPal isn't a bank, so it's not covered under FDIC, etc.

IMO, credit cards (actual credit cards, not a debit card with a Visa/Mastercard logo) online are fine as long as it's with a legit seller. If you report the unauthorized use of the card right away, you have 0 liability as long as you still have possession of the card.