GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Credit Cards Hacked - ECS Tuning

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
This was an isolated incident that took place in May of 2012 as stated in our official post:

We value our relationship with you and we look forward to serving your future needs. Regrettably, we would like to inform you that between May 6th and May 10th, 2012, unauthorized access by an unknown third party concerning customers' personal information associated with pending and previously shipped orders occurred. This breach affected less than 3.0% of the ECS Tuning customer base. We have taken prompt action to secure the system to prevent any further compromises.

There has not been any further issues related to this incident since that date. All affected customers were sent appropriate notification per the laws of their home state. If you have concerns please contact your credit card issuer to investigate. Again, ECS Tuning has not had any sort of data breach since the original incident as noted above.

A paying Forum Sponsor does not appreciate you spreading hear-say and disrespectful comments on the forum for no apparent reason. As a moderator you should be spending your time moderating a helpful and supportive environment for likeminded car enthusiasts, not digging up old threads to showcase Bender’s likes and dislikes of parts vendors.

That’s because there isn’t a problem here… just bored Moderators. Thanks for shopping at ECS! :thumbsup:

Andy

I could care less if you sponsor this forum at all. Im here and its not because of ECS. Very very crass post. Poor taste to put it mildly.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
I think you guys are overreacting a bit. It's not like they have your SSN and can steal your identity. Credit cards have fraud protection for a reason. I have had my own issues with ECS, but something like this wouldn't stop me from shopping with a major company if they had a product I wanted at the price I wanted to pay.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
I think you guys are overreacting a bit. It's not like they have your SSN and can steal your identity. Credit cards have fraud protection for a reason. I have had my own issues with ECS, but something like this wouldn't stop me from shopping with a major company if they had a product I wanted at the price I wanted to pay.

Ecs has nothing you can't get cheaper elsewhere with half the cost of shipping

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tman1

Ready to race!

I too think it's an over-reaction to the original issue. This can and has happened with much larger online retailers than ECS and it's something you have to accept with credit cards.

And honestly, I'd have no issues making ECS purchases using my credit card even after reading about this. That was until the arrogant post made on behalf of ECS. I'm sorry, but if a retailer is going to have that sort of attitude, I have other places to take my business.

A_Bowers

They got me...bought $600 worth of sushi in the UK. Really???? Discover made it right though.

I was paying for inmates in Texas. Go figure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
They got me...bought $600 worth of sushi in the UK. Really???? Discover made it right though.

Can't believe you flew all the way to the UK for sushi :laugh:

Sorry to hear that some of you have been screwed by this. It's a risk you take using a card, but hopefully you've all been taken care of by your CC providers.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Ecs has nothing you can't get cheaper elsewhere with half the cost of shipping

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes and no. ECS is basically very convenient. You can find the same items at BoldSport, BKS, etc, but its more convenient and quicker through ECS. ECS sales are also worth checking out. The only problem I ever have with them is the shipping as everyone mentioned. But its more the inconsistent charges. I recently looked to buy a washer fluid cap which should fit in an envelope for less than 1.00. System wanted 11.00. But the front bumper I bought was free shipping. Crazy.