urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Thoughts?
Pros and cons?
inb4: Think for yourself, dipshit.

:thumbup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That subaru model is old... It will ride like a boat compared to the GTI.

WRX is a solid contender... but it only has a 5 speed manual, and a truly shitty interior. :(

I'd wait for a BR-Z if you wanted something comparable.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
BRZ = Legacy? :confused:

The Legacy is very nice and the most recent model is just as old as the MK6 i believe, 2010. Have you driven both the GTI and the Leggy yet? The turbo MT legacy is quite nice. The backseat is huge, its pretty plush overall, but yeah, lots of fender gap from the factory, lol... You can mod them very easily and cheaply. However, mpg on the turbo model is not the greatest. Also, that "boat' LGT (turbo) is faster than the GTI, btw...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
BRZ = Legacy? :confused:

The Legacy is very nice and the most recent model is just as old as the MK6 i believe, 2010. Have you driven both the GTI and the Leggy yet? The turbo MT legacy is quite nice. The backseat is huge, its pretty plush overall, but yeah, lots of fender gap from the factory, lol... You can mod them very easily and cheaply. However, mpg on the turbo model is not the greatest. Also, that "boat' LGT (turbo) is faster than the GTI, btw...

Drove an 08 I believe. The steering feel/suspension is worlds apart from a GTI, that car is much more of a cruiser and less so of a canyon carver.

We're not talking straight line speed. If so a V6 mustang would be a better deal hands down, and it will out-handle the legacy also... but that's neither here nor there. :laugh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
08 is not the same model as the current gen.

either way, a turbo one with the AWD would be pretty damn nice on a canyon carving exhibition, imho. Grip and power.. but yes, the GTI will feel better as far as overall handling and being nimble, sure.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
i just test drove a 2012 gti last weekend and it was amazing (compred to my camry)
I'm going to go buy a new car monday so i think i'm going to slip in a test drive at subaru before I make my final decision. The only thing I am considering the legacy for is the AWD and reliability factor.

Redzgti

Ready to race!
It depends on what you are looking for in a car. I came from a '03 h6 legacy. The gti is much more of a taking curves and having fun car, while the legacy is nice its more of a straight line car even with the awd. The legacy is also a nicer car for cruising around in then the gti. IMO i dont like the look of the new Legacy id go for an 08 LGT over the new ones any day.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
test drive the legacy, but really, theres no point.

Mr. Skinny

Ready to race!
i just test drove a 2012 gti last weekend and it was amazing (compred to my camry)
I'm going to go buy a new car monday so i think i'm going to slip in a test drive at subaru before I make my final decision. The only thing I am considering the legacy for is the AWD and reliability factor.

You're kidding! I've only known you on here for a few weeks, and it seems you've had your heart set on a GTI from the beginning. :)

However, if it helps confirm your decision, drive the Subaru first.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
You're kidding! I've only known you on here for a few weeks, and it seems you've had your heart set on a GTI from the beginning. :)

However, if it helps confirm your decision, drive the Subaru first.

lol, it is my dream car (practical dream car)
but my mom keeps throwing the "reliability factor" in my face so since she's co-signing i'm really doing this to keep her happy so she'll sign that dotted line and get me the hell outta there with my brand new 2012 GTI.
Just wanted everyones opinions.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Get a Candy White! As far as reliability, that is what a bumper to bumper warranty is for.....

Mr. Skinny

Ready to race!
lol, it is my dream car (practical dream car)
but my mom keeps throwing the "reliability factor" in my face so since she's co-signing i'm really doing this to keep her happy so she'll sign that dotted line and get me the hell outta there with my brand new 2012 GTI.
Just wanted everyones opinions.
Ask to see the repair receipts on your mom's car for the last three years. Discuss.

Explain that you can sell it when the free maintenance and warranty run out!

Detail all of the safety features that will protect her little boy. :)

Threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue. :lol:

Come on - your a smart kid. You'll think of something.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Ask to see the repair receipts on your mom's car for the last three years. Discuss.

Explain that you can sell it when the free maintenance and warranty run out!

Detail all of the safety features that will protect her little boy. :)

Threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue. :lol:

Come on - your a smart kid. You'll think of something.

lol her car was a camry which I now have and that thing is the definition of reliable hahaha

I've already worked all my moves, why do you think i'm getting it next monday instead of in 3 months?