GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cross shopping GTI & Subaru Legacy

Mr. Skinny

Ready to race!
lol her car was a camry which I now have and that thing is the definition of reliable hahaha

I've already worked all my moves, why do you think i'm getting it next monday instead of in 3 months?
:thumbup:

Seems I'm full of worthless advice recently.

Get 'er done on Monday then. Good luck!

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
a camry to a legacy? seriously? .....

Camry --> legacy

or

Camry --> GTI

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
Instead of cross shopping a Legacy ... who Not Crossshop
a JSW .. the pratical Swagen-Wagen. Get it in Black
then Add GTI rims... WIN.

3ics

Ready to race!
Drive the Legacy and make an educated decision.

If you are really stuck on reliable, go for a 2.5 in a Jetta/Golf/Passat. If you absolutely need AWD and have a family or haul people around, the Legacy makes sense.

But if you have always wanted a GTI, go for it. I waited for 10+ years and after finally having it, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

EDIT: I just saw your 19, can you handle the powah of a GTI!?!? Lol

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
EDIT: I just saw your 19, can you handle the powah of a GTI!?!? Lol[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I GOT THIS BRO!

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
if you get the Suby, whenever you see a GTI, you'd always think, "man I should've gotten a GTI" are you even on a Subaru Legacy forum? LoL.

Get the GTI, have fun w/ it...when you get married and have kids, then get a Legacy. LoL

Those Legacy's are nice all arounders, lots of space, AWD, but no fun..lol
a buddy of mine has a 2004 or 05 GT wagon (yes, totally different generation), but the dealer sold it to him chipped, CAI, custom seats, and upgraded exhaust and stiffer springs (dealer only special, forgot how much extra, but it wasn't much at all). it's a blast to drive, but not as nimble as the GTI

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Power and awd can sometimes outweigh nimbleness to some. OP, go drive it and then make an educated decision.

ImmI

Ready to race!
A Legacy? Come on man...

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
A Legacy? Come on man...

lol, doing it for my mom dude. Also, it's the fist car i'm buying by myself so i'm worried about reliability because if it breaks down that's big bucks!

ImmI

Ready to race!
lol, doing it for my mom dude. Also, it's the fist car i'm buying by myself so i'm worried about reliability because if it breaks down that's big bucks!

You have a Camry now, isn't that torture enough? I'm 19 too and went through the same argument with my mom.

Yes you have a point, but we prefer having cars that aren't super reliable just to have something that's interesting, as I'm sure you know :p But if your worried about reliability, get a Civic Si and you won't have to think twice.

What's the warranty deal in the US? I got 5 year unlimited mileage which is why I got the car otherwise it would have been something else.

C4L

Banned
I owned a 2007 Legacy 2.5i Limited for some time. GREAT car that was let down by its awful 4-speed auto and 170hp boxer-4. Just an anemic combination.

IF you are considering ANY Legacy ONLY look at the GT model with the manual and 265hp turbo WRX motor. And plan on spending at least $32k as the current 2.5GT Legacy ONLY comes loaded...

Other than that, get a Passat if that is your thing...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I owned a 2007 Legacy 2.5i Limited for some time. GREAT car that was let down by its awful 4-speed auto and 170hp boxer-4. Just an anemic combination.

IF you are considering ANY Legacy ONLY look at the GT model with the manual and 265hp turbo WRX motor. And plan on spending at least $32k as the current 2.5GT Legacy ONLY comes loaded...

Other than that, get a Passat if that is your thing...

agreed^^^ the new Legacy GT with MT and 265hp is quite quick and very well furnished.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
We just got an 05 outback 2.5XT 5spd a few weeks ago..

last generation but still somewhat related.

The interior on the GTI will be light years ahead. You spend 99% of the time you interact with your car in side it, this should be a lot more important to people then it seems to be but whatever. The current gen subis didn't improve much over the 05 we have it still just gross cheap feeling plastic.

The current 2.5turbo motor if you got the gt is stronger out of the box then the gti but a flash on the gti due it being lighter and 2wd will make it faster.

I won't compare the OB we have to the legacy sedan since htey are two different beasts when it comes to handling but our OB is like driving a ford explorer with bad shocks that just happens to sound like there is a porsche engine in the wrong end of the car.

It is fun for what it is but in this comparison I'd go with a GTI hands down, especially at your age.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!