GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thought it might be something like that
Originally, there was no matching and you got your military retirement.

Now they've reduced military retirement again and match 5% on TSP.

At some point, I'm sure they'll kill off military retirement and leave it up to the stock market. What could go wrong having military retirement up to the whims of the market. Nothing to see here.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Same with the “Military Buyback” stupid to not take it. $6600 to retire 10yrs early? Yes please and thank you. Glad I didn’t go to 20 in service… for many reasons.
This idiot did 24 and almost stayed longer. Detailer wouldn't give me what I wanted, so I retired. I was never picky about orders, always went where the Navy needed and that mother fucker couldn't give be what I wanted for a last tour?

cb1111

How about those RMD’s when your 75?
It is actually 70 1/2 but I don't understand why people are getting all bent out of shape because of the required minimum distributions. 401k plans are a huge part of anyone's retirement and you should be withdrawing regularly from your account at some point - or - you could live on ramen and cat food but have $1m in your 401k for your kids.

cb1111

This idiot did 24 and almost stayed longer. Detailer wouldn't give me what I wanted, so I retired. I was never picky about orders, always went where the Navy needed and that mother fucker couldn't give be what I wanted for a last tour?
24+ isn't stupid. My wife did 26 years - the last several as a reservist, so she also got 20+ years in as a fed (and yes, she bought back her years)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
24+ isn't stupid. My wife did 26 years - the last several as a reservist, so she also got 20+ years in as a fed (and yes, she bought back her years)
My wife did 6 active, the rest GS and bought back her years.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It is actually 70 1/2 but I don't understand why people are getting all bent out of shape because of the required minimum distributions. 401k plans are a huge part of anyone's retirement and you should be withdrawing regularly from your account at some point - or - you could live on ramen and cat food but have $1m in your 401k for your kids.

My son got what he's going to get from us. A good upbringing, graduated college debt free, we paid for their wedding, honeymoon, paid off his wife's college debt for a wedding present, and I gave him an 18 GTI.

I plan on spending every dime of our retirement money.

cb1111

My son got what he's going to get from us. A good upbringing, graduated college debt free, we paid for their wedding, honeymoon, paid off his wife's college debt for a wedding present.

Yep, we did almost the exact same thing. Except we made him take out a small ($5k) student loan that he had to pay off - just because.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
They want to make it 75. Whats next, 85?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
My son got what he's going to get from us. A good upbringing, graduated college debt free, we paid for their wedding, honeymoon, paid off his wife's college debt for a wedding present, and I gave him an 18 GTI.

Spoiled the child

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah my parents are slacking.

Corprin

Autocross Champion

I was stop-lossed with 63 days to go when I got orders to Iraq. It was the second time big-green took me for such a ride. Hit ground in Iraq and reupped for Japan in my second month. Hit my window in Japan and the offered me Belgium for 3yrs. Declined it and started prepping for gtfo. About 150 days or so till the end I get orders for Carson and the first thing smoking back to the sandbox. Told them to pound sand and refused the orders. 0-shitbag in 10min. Those were good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.