GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
13 grand for what exactly

We have a shitty old gas fireplace in an 80’s golden oak wall. It’s fugly. The paneling covers an 8’ wide facet of our octagonal family room. The other side of that paneling is the open space of our chimney. there is nothing back there but airspace and the brick, and all holding the cold out is 1/2” oak paneling on 1/2” plywood. The gas fireplace and it’s pilot light has kept the wall fairly frost free. 5yrs ago I ran cables for the TV through the walls for the clean look and there was a brick in the bottom of the chimney. The other day my HDMI feed stopped working, and now with the new TV it was time to fix it. Pulled down the old 65” and opened the plate up…. And found a pile of brick and concrete rubble stacked up on top the gas fireplace. We had the chimney cap replaced a few years ago, but this is excessive. It appears it fell off the wall between the oak and the chimney space, but won’t know for sure till the wall comes down. This is bumping up the timeline for the new fireplace project and room renovation.

$13k gets the fireplace, install/hookup, framing, 28’ of double wall vent/exhaust pipe to exit the top of chimney, patch holes in sides of chimney from the current fire place, gas/plumbing, permits, removal/disposal of the old unit.

I’m doing the chimney liner framing, 2” conduit for future proofing the tv hang, electrical, and the finish work for the wall.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Dinner, went to our local mom/pop pho restaurant and it was closed. My 8yo gets his way and we go to another pho place 15min away we don’t like as much… but he loved their bo vien. We arrive and it’s now a sushi and ramen place. Younger kid needs to shit so, sorry we are having this. 8yo is all pissy about his choice not existing anymore.

After gyoza, takoyaki, and miso soup, wife and I got our tonkotsu ramen, kids got their sushi.

Best ramen I’ve had in a very, very, long time.

Was a serendipitous evening.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
CSB: Dinner plans were to cook chicken parmigiana for dinner. At like 6:15 my wife said "Let's go to Roger Williams Zoo to see the Christmas lights". So we did that, got back at like 8:30. Went to go cook dinner, realized we don't have any breadcrumbs. That's on my wife, since she makes the grocery list, I do the shopping. So I figure alright, I'll just cook these 4 cheese raviolis I have in the fridge. I pull them out, my wife goes "Do we have any sauce? Did you replace it?"; last Sunday when I went shopping, the bottle of spaghetti sauce broke in the shopping bag. Nope, no sauce. Don't feel like going out, so now she's eating in the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers, and I'm eating some depressing Hot Pockets I found in the freezer.

Going to follow it up with an apple pie milkshake made with our homemade apple pie though, so I have that going for me at least.

Follow-up: The Apple pie milkshake was amazing and made up for the depressing Hot Pockets.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Sonos is gonna be my surround sound choice when it’s time for that. Mostly for the Apple integration but they also have some great sounding stuff.
Remember that sound doesn't come straight at you, but also reflects from all surfaces, so the front left needs to mirror the location of the front right or the imaging will be off - the same with doorways, windows etc.

The closer the speakers get to the corners of the room, the more sound will be reflected

If the turntable is connected to the speakers via RCA jacks, how will the TV be connected to the speakers? Are you planning on adding a sub? What are you going to do for the center channel?

that turntable is probably fine though, and the AT cartridge is a decent budget product.

Have you thought about Sonos?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
CSB: Dinner plans were to cook chicken parmigiana for dinner. At like 6:15 my wife said "Let's go to Roger Williams Zoo to see the Christmas lights". So we did that, got back at like 8:30. Went to go cook dinner, realized we don't have any breadcrumbs. That's on my wife, since she makes the grocery list, I do the shopping. So I figure alright, I'll just cook these 4 cheese raviolis I have in the fridge. I pull them out, my wife goes "Do we have any sauce? Did you replace it?"; last Sunday when I went shopping, the bottle of spaghetti sauce broke in the shopping bag. Nope, no sauce. Don't feel like going out, so now she's eating in the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers, and I'm eating some depressing Hot Pockets I found in the freezer.

Going to follow it up with an apple pie milkshake made with our homemade apple pie though, so I have that going for me at least.
That's more like SSB, sad story bro. CSB would have ended at TB

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
That's more like SSB, sad story bro. CSB would have ended at TB

That... may have been lunch, since Thursday was obviously occupied by other food...

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
I am feeling quite accomplished. For the first time, I designed and 3d printed something of my own design. Had a speed control die in a new mini crawler I recently picked up. Decided to whip something together so I could mount a different set of electronics in it while I wait on the RMA

Attachments

• 792EC3AE-4F69-4C11-85ED-9E071CCC4BC8.jpeg
    792EC3AE-4F69-4C11-85ED-9E071CCC4BC8.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 59

riceburner

Autocross Champion
The only way grocery shopping seems to work for us is going every few days. Itherwise we buy too much stuff and dont use it while finding there were things we needed that we dont have.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
The only way grocery shopping seems to work for us is going every few days. Itherwise we buy too much stuff and dont use it while finding there were things we needed that we dont have.
Sounds familiar...

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Finally ordered a FMIC. I need to get a consensus from the experts here on how long I should leave it in the house before I install it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
No waiting at all is my vote! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.