GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dating your friend's ex-girlfriend/boyfriend?

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion
Okay here is something i was pondering, would you date your friend's ex girlfriend/boyfriend? I had a discussion about this with some friends and all but one said it would be fine. At first i agreed with the majority and thought its just an unwritten rule that you dont date your friend's ex but thinking about it now, its fine and why shouldnt it be? They are no longer together, why should the other care who his/her former partner dates? If my friend started dating my ex i wouldnt mind since we are no longer together. And i would consider dating my friend's ex to granted we hit it off. What is your view?

Cliffs:
1. Would you date your friend's ex? Yes or no and state the reason for your answer.

2. Would you mind if your friend dated your ex? Yes or no and state the reason for your answer.

Discuss.

Remedyz08

Passed Driver's Ed
Been down that road

I will never do that again

Girls are evil - and well they seem to harbor feelings for alot longer than guys do
guys can break up and move away from those feelings

girls usually get more attached

In my case being close to me meant she was close to her ex

i dont mind if my friends date my ex... they have and i have too
my friends and i are close so we dont let girls get in the way

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Depends on how good of a friend you are with that person. However as a general rule it is not advised. I have seen brothers tear each other up over a female. Just move on, there are tons of ladies or dudes (if thats what you are into) out there!

2011gti

Ready to race!
do whatever man cause bottom line every girl is a whore,,

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie

[/URL] GIFSoup[/IMG]

Tecni

Ready to race!
I messed around with my friend's ex. They had been broken up for months and they had a very destructive relationship so when she made the 1st move I guess I didn't think much of it. Eventually I freaked out and decided to break ties with her and to spite me, she went straight to my friend and told him everything.

He wanted to get physical a and I tried everything to reconcile but for weeks he wouldn't even talk to me. Eventually, with the help of all my friends he forgave me and I pledge to never do this again. I almost lost my best friend over a no-good whore.

Technically you can but you really shouldn't. Its an unwritten rule...

DimaGT

Ready to race!
Dated my friend ex ones.

But before we went out, I told him the situation. He was cool with that. If he was not

than, no go. Have to respect friendship.

Dated my friend ex ones.

But before we went out, I told him the situation. He was cool with that. If he was not

than, no go. Have to respect friendship.

bull: he was not cool with it. He just told you he was cool with it.

I told my best friend I was "cool with him trying to ask my ex out on a movie date" ...

deep down inside I couldn't believe he'd even ask me that. I was just playin it cool and casual. Deep down, heck no, my friends can be friends with my ex, but no attempts to do the long term booty thing. This is an unwritten rule.

The ex never went out with him because she was unclear about his motives.

Luckily, my best bud and I are still that though... best buds. He learn't a bit later that it's just an unwritten thing and that he shouldn't even have asked...

anyhow, juss my thoughts and feelings.

I messed around with my friend's ex. They had been broken up for months and they had a very destructive relationship so when she made the 1st move I guess I didn't think much of it. Eventually I freaked out and decided to break ties with her and to spite me, she went straight to my friend and told him everything.

He wanted to get physical a and I tried everything to reconcile but for weeks he wouldn't even talk to me. Eventually, with the help of all my friends he forgave me and I pledge to never do this again. I almost lost my best friend over a no-good whore.

Technically you can but you really shouldn't. Its an unwritten rule...

spot on... guys bury their true feelings about emotional shit. You live, ya learn.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion

woah man.... that was uncalled for. you're single aren't you?

and as for dating an ex... you really have to judge their relationship and your friendship. when my best friend started dating my first boyfriend, i was a little freaked out. but i got over it and now they're married and they're my best friends.

now if she dated my first serious boyfriend, i would have been pissed and we would no longer be friends.

woah man.... that was uncalled for. you're single aren't you?

and as for dating an ex... you really have to judge their relationship and your friendship. when my best friend started dating my first boyfriend, i was a little freaked out. but i got over it and now they're married and they're my best friends.

now if she dated my first serious boyfriend, i would have been pissed and we would no longer be friends.

ok ya... well stated. Depends on how serious the relationship was. Maybe even if there were serious "emotional wounds" involved during breakup