GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deleted rear wiper

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
Love the look! Soooo clean. How long did it take you to do this?

Between 30-40 minutes. taking the wiper arm off was a bit of a pain in the :moon: haha

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
So just yesturday when it started to snow and after driving for about 20 min on a highway i've realized that i would never survive without my rear wiper :( back window gets too dirty!
I wish i lived in a warmer environment.. because i really like the clean look with no rear wiper!

jgs5607

Ready to race!
I am using my rear wiper quite a bit in the wet and snow; I think the aerodynamics of the GTI grab all of the water and dirt the car drives through and deposits it on the rear of the car.:(

Our Pilot and other SUV's we have owned (2 box cars) have the same disease, but not to the extent that the GTI seems to have it.

As cool as that looks, there is no way I would give up the wiper

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
ive got my eurobadge in the exact same spot.. looks real good.. got one in the front too.

in the grill on the opposite side of where the gti logo is

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
It has a clean appearance and I like the fact you can reverse it back without issue.

You should post a DIY article about it with photos that show the steps, the tools and any links to parts used. (This may be asking a lot or be unnecessary with how easy it - I just don't know).

=====
On my way into work today, I had to use the rear wiper several times because of the salt, sleet, and road grime combo that acculated on the rear window. There is a lot of vacuum power back there. :)

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
thats pretty dope.. you should take the front ones off too.. just for a week during the summer lol i bet that would look sick!

they arnt visable anyway they hide under the hood... and that would be a pretty stupid thing to do haha not too mention i think its illegal to not have windshield wipers

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
just saw this thread :p

found some old photos :p

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^
What plug did you use?

I love the clean look, but dunno if I can lose the functionality of the rear wiper :iono:

edman62

Passed Driver's Ed
where would i find a 1" plug? I put a small piece of clear tape over the washer hole. its stops the damn thing from leaking on my freshly cleaned rear window. when i got in for my next service ill bring up the issue but my guess they won't do anything about it. i like the idea of taking off the wiper.