GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Details on the next gen GTI and GTI-R!

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Looks like it, maybe be it will be GTI-R only?

sleepergti86

APRTuned
I think it looks freaking hot!!!! I want one!

fastfan

Hey guys I was watching this video a while back on some guy's new A5, and I saw him playing around with the navigation (at 1:55)...

It looked really transporter-ish:cool:... Does anyone think that VW will incorporate similar software onto the GTI's nav?

fastfan

Hey snoopy, thanks for the link.

To everyone else, I read this article saying that the MkVI was to be released in NA in 2012. :eek:

I really hope we won't have to wait that long... :(

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Postcode problems in UK and parts of Europe took ages for them to sort it out and why it was not available in some parts of europe as quick as others.

Dutchie '781

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey snoopy, thanks for the link.

To everyone else, I read this article saying that the MkVI was to be released in NA in 2012. :eek:

I really hope we won't have to wait that long... :(

Overhere they are talking about the 7th generation to be launched in 2012 already. Then there wil be a really new one, not like the facelift they call 6....

stangg1720061

09/29/2008, 11:50 AM
Diesel
VW planning more GTI variants, including diesel, high-performance models

Volkswagen is preparing to unveil its Mark VI Golf GTI at next month’s Paris Motor Show, but a new report indicates that the next-gen GTI will be just the first of many hot hatches based on the sixth-generation Golf. As previously reported, a hotter GTI-R will be part of the mix, but VW is also planning two more performance variants of the Mk VI Golf.

In addition to the GTI and the hotter GTI-R (also being referred to as ‘R20′ by Auto Motor und Sport) – which will boast 270 horsepower, all-wheel drive and VW’s seven-speed DSG transmission — the German automaker is also working on a diesel version of the GTI, dubbed the GTD. The GTD’s setup will be identical the GTI’s, but the GTI’s 211 horsepower 2.0L gas engine will be swapped for a 2.0L diesel unit, outputting 170 horsepower and about 260 lb-ft of torque, according to Motor Authority. Power will be routed through either a six-speed manual transmission or VW’s DSG unit. Although the GTD won’t be able to match the GTI in raw performance — with a 0-60 time of 8.2 seconds — the new model promises to offer a nice blend of performance and fuel economy.

Also in the works is a true R32 replacement model, being referred to as the R42. Although the R42 moniker suggest that VW might be trying to shoehorn Audi’s 4.2L V8 under the Golf’s hood, the next-gen R42 will actually be motivated by a smaller, 2.5L five-cylinder powerplant – the same unit earmarked for duty in the next Audi TT-RS and RS3. Despite being down one cylinder from the R32, the R42’s inline-five utilizes twin-turbos to generate an impressive 350 horsepower. With that amount of power on tap, look for VW to equipped the R42 with a beefed-up version of the GTI-R’s AWD system.

No word on U.S. availability, but European buyers should expect to see the GTD in VW showrooms by 2009, with the R42 following a year later.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/vw-planning-more-gti-variants-including-diesel-high-performance-models.html

:eek:

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Sweet, quick question, does the new GTI run a ko3 or ko4? i really hope its the latter....

and the GTI-R isn't coming in manual!!!?/?!?!? nooooooo!!!1