GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: MKVI Golf LED License Plate Lights - Free Shipping !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I used 3M tape and some model glue, and stuck the resistors up onto the bumper (inside of course) and they are stuck for good - no more light. Make sure you use the ties and consider the 3M or model glue (on the plastic side of the resistor only! use at your own risk **legal disclaimer blah blah) and place them securely on the inside of the bumper.

jball12

Ready to race!
These things are awesome, well worth the money.

Install tip:
Use some electrical tape to secure all the plugs. I had one of my plugs come loose and I had to fish around in the bumper for 20 minutes with one finger to try to locate the wiring. Finally got it, but for a few minutes, I def thought that I'd have to remove the whole bumper to find the wiring again and get them re-installed. Then I took out the other side and taped it up as well.

chuckk23

Ready to race!
Are these things truly a pain in the 'arse' to install? Just installed interior LEDs and am looking for good LED plate lights, these seem good....

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Couldnt be easier. Ecs has a youtube video of it too.

leopard

do you mean a interior led strip or a single bulb?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
love mine.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
they shouldn't! make sure you use the zip ties and consider 3M taping or even silicone/model gluing the resistors up into the bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.