GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine stalling at some startups with snow stage 2 kit

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Hello,

I have a stage 2 Snow kit (SKU 210) purchased direct from Snow and installed on my 2010 MK6 GTI and the engine sometimes idles low rpm and dies at startups, sometimes I can rev it to have it start normally.

My setup consists of 2 nozzles, one post throttle body (100cc/min) and the other post intercooler (175cc/min). I have the feed line going into a tee then one solenoid on each branch and around 1.5 feet of line from each to their respective nozzles.

Both solenoids wired to the pump wire and spray from 7psi start to 18psi max.

Both solenoids are installed in the correct flow direction and function normally when the system runs.

Anyone has input on this?

Maybe I should move my solenoid for the post tb nozzle closer?

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Pull the solenoid that's before the post tb jet and make sure it's not stuck open when you start the car. How close is the post tb solenoid to the jet?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Pull the solenoid that's before the post tb jet and make sure it's not stuck open when you start the car. How close is the post tb solenoid to the jet?

The solenoids are connected to the pump power wire pre snow instructions...you think somehow the controller might send power to that wire briefly on ignition startup?

Can I disconnect the methanol line and look inside the solenoid to see if its open?

There's about 1.5 feet between the solenoid and nozzle

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
That's too far. Try moving it closer or buy some check valve jet holders

Should I only be concerned about the TB nozzle or both?

PS I am using snow performance holders with integrated checkvalves...they told me that the CV inside is rated at a low psi and is only meant to avoid boost/vacuum leaks.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Is it MAF based or MAP based? If it's MAF based the maf gets a small signal at startup to heat the sensor which will trigger your pump.

If not you have to see if the pump is turning on with the system. If it is then it is also opening the solenoid. If that's the case just have your solenoid triggered off something other than the pump, or put a time delay relay on them.