GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EONON GA5153F Review

dozol

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick question. How is hands free calling? Bluetooth working fine? Can people hear you ok? Need an additional microphone?

Thanks!

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi nvturbo, could you please provide me your order number or email used when placing this order? So that i can check for you.Thanks a lot

alltrac

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone else moved from the prior dual core to this quad core version? Curious if there's a meaningful performance increase or if it's minor.

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Been paying close attention to all the Eonon threads, as I consider getting one. One question that was asked on one of the official Eonon threads was about the sound quality/functionality of the built-in mic when using it for a bluetooth call. It never got answered. So, let me ask for your impressions of the built-in mic?

Funny that you ask that in my old unit RCD 315 people used to have issues hearing me so I always thought that when I got this headunit external mic is the way to go. Well it's safe to say that it's not the way to go Eonon provides an external mic but I didn't use it and here is why. After installing it I called up my parents, my gf, my buddies all who used to have issues hearing me and I got on the throttle windows down was hooning a bit and asked them if they could hear me and they had no problems. I don't know if its just on my unit but I then had the gf drive my car and had her bluetooth call me and the quality was wayyyyy better over my stock RCD 315. Hope that helps. If not and you purchase it you can always mess around with the exterior mic and use internal mic see what you like better. But I'm way happy with the built in mic.

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Quick question. How is hands free calling? Bluetooth working fine? Can people hear you ok? Need an additional microphone?

Thanks!

Hey Dozol, I think I kind of answered that in my last post, but yes the bluetooth is great I have no issues with it, phonecalls seem to be much more clear on my end and on their end and I didn't have to use the external mic which came with the GA5153F. I did try the external and was told that it sounds really good but then after taking the external mic out and calling without it I was told that I was still clear and had no issues communicating. As far as bluetooth streaming through my phone that works great also. Thanks.

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Has anyone else moved from the prior dual core to this quad core version? Curious if there's a meaningful performance increase or if it's minor.

Can't answer that one but the browser speed, youtube video loading, pandora, spotify, facebook all work without a hiccup and honestly video streaming from youtube is great there is no lag, no loadup time, no buffering no nothing man just fires right up and plays without stopping or anything. Sorry couldn't be of more assistance.

typeronin

Ready to race!
Good stuff. I'll probably be buying this one. I was hesitant with the previous versions hearing about the problems but this seems like they've got the bugs sorta worked out.

adamhlt

Hey mate, did you end up getting to try "OK Google"? Voice activated controls would be very useful while driving, I'm hoping it works!

Niklas2000

I just installed my unit and have some issues

1. I can't seem to access Play Store when tethering from my Iphone. Error message says that the store can't be reached atm. But it has been like that for a while now...

2. I can't install my rear camera. I had the camera installed on the stereo unit that came with the car. (touch screen). Im driving a 2011 Tiguan. I can't find any way of installing it through suggesten RCA cables. There are no RCA cables anywhere...

3. The browser keeps giving me the error message that some certificate is old and the the option to cancel or accept. Thing is that I get this message all. the. time. I mean every second... Any ideas to fix?

Thankful for all help..

Br

Niklas

Last edited:

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
I just installed my unit and have some issues

1. I can't seem to access Play Store when tethering from my Iphone. Error message says that the store can't be reached atm. But it has been like that for a while now...

2. I can't install my rear camera. I had the camera installed on the stereo unit that came with the car. (touch screen). Im driving a 2011 Tiguan. I can't find any way of installing it through suggesten RCA cables. There are no RCA cables anywhere...

Thankful for all help..

Br

Niklas

Niklas,

I belive the input to camera is on the bottom row of the RCA and it's the third from the left. Should be a yellow input right under V2. I'm not 100% sure but if that doesn't help try to contact Eonon directly.

Niklas2000

Niklas,

I belive the input to camera is on the bottom row of the RCA and it's the third from the left. Should be a yellow input right under V2. I'm not 100% sure but if that doesn't help try to contact Eonon directly.

Hi,

Yes I found the input on the unit. But not the actual cable in the car that supposed to go in there. I got a schematics from Eonon, but it does not seem to be correct...

Thanks anyways :)