GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EONON GA5153F Review

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
I just installed my unit and have some issues

1. I can't seem to access Play Store when tethering from my Iphone. Error message says that the store can't be reached atm. But it has been like that for a while now...

2. I can't install my rear camera. I had the camera installed on the stereo unit that came with the car. (touch screen). Im driving a 2011 Tiguan. I can't find any way of installing it through suggesten RCA cables. There are no RCA cables anywhere...

3. The browser keeps giving me the error message that some certificate is old and the the option to cancel or accept. Thing is that I get this message all. the. time. I mean every second... Any ideas to fix?

Thankful for all help..

Br

Niklas

Hi Niklas, no worry I'll try my best to help you. For the camera connection with our unit, please follow this instruction:
Connect the VIDEO OUT of camera to BACK SIGHT VIDEO IN of GA5153F, connect the power cable of camera to the power of reversing light of your car. Please have another try, thanks!

About another 2 issues, please kindly PM me with your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, I'll help you further, thanks!

Niklas2000

Hi Niklas, no worry I'll try my best to help you. For the camera connection with our unit, please follow this instruction:
Connect the VIDEO OUT of camera to BACK SIGHT VIDEO IN of GA5153F, connect the power cable of camera to the power of reversing light of your car. Please have another try, thanks!

About another 2 issues, please kindly PM me with your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, I'll help you further, thanks!

Hi,

Well, in email you claimed that this was plug & play and there should be an RCA connection in the car to connect with the unit. Simple and easy.

There are no RCA cables. So I have no idea where the Video Out and the power cable is located and it would, Im guessing, demand quite some knowledge in what cable does what, since all cables are in one and the same harness.. As far from Plug & Play as possible I would say... So if you could provide me with info regarding this I would be grateful!

I managed to solve the Playstore issue by setting the date correct in the unit. Apparently it has something to do with fraud prevention.

Regarding the browser issue - well since the unit is installed atm I will get back to you later. I will take it out when I have more info regarding the reverse camera and have reason to take it out.

And finally the antenna cable is the wrong one. I have the fakra cable with double connection. Not the single one that you sent.

Br & thanks for your help...

Niklas

Last edited:

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Hey mate, did you end up getting to try "OK Google"? Voice activated controls would be very useful while driving, I'm hoping it works!

So while driving to work in was able to use google voice to add a new event on the calendar and to say a memo all with just speaking to the unit. Let me know if there is something specific you want me to try. Thanks

adamhlt

So while driving to work in was able to use google voice to add a new event on the calendar and to say a memo all with just speaking to the unit. Let me know if there is something specific you want me to try. Thanks

Thanks, that's perfect! I was just really wondering if it would work, as I think it'll be an incredibly handy feature to have. For example, on the phone you can just say "Ok Google - Direct me to home" and it will load up your navigation

Niklas2000

Oh and another question for the gathered knowledge of this forum.
How do you rearrange the icons on the screen? Tried the obvious way by long-pressing and dragging them, and it works fine. As long os you want to put the icon on the same page. I can't seem to move icons/apps between the different pages the way you do with any Android phone (by dragging them to the edge of the screen).. What am I missing here?

Last edited:

sneaky87

looks like an excellent unit. definitely going to get one once I find some spare coin :) and great review also. hopefully I can get a wireless reverse camera and hook that up with it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Oh and another question for the gathered knowledge of this forum.
How do you rearrange the icons on the screen? Tried the obvious way by long-pressing and dragging them, and it works fine. As long os you want to put the icon on the same page. I can't seem to move icons/apps between the different pages the way you do with any Android phone (by dragging them to the edge of the screen).. What am I missing here?

You have to drag it to the edge of the screen it took me a while too but it literally has to be like halfway past the border of the current page in order for it to move to the next page. If that still doesn't work then delete all the shortcuts from your main page and go into your apps page and move them to your main screen how you want to.

Niklas2000

You have to drag it to the edge of the screen it took me a while too but it literally has to be like halfway past the border of the current page in order for it to move to the next page. If that still doesn't work then delete all the shortcuts from your main page and go into your apps page and move them to your main screen how you want to.

Hmm OK I'll try that. Thanks! :)

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Hi,

Yes I found the input on the unit. But not the actual cable in the car that supposed to go in there. I got a schematics from Eonon, but it does not seem to be correct...

Thanks anyways :)

Aftermarket radios do not work with factory backup camera. If you have a OEM camera it will not work.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi,

Well, in email you claimed that this was plug & play and there should be an RCA connection in the car to connect with the unit. Simple and easy.

There are no RCA cables. So I have no idea where the Video Out and the power cable is located and it would, Im guessing, demand quite some knowledge in what cable does what, since all cables are in one and the same harness.. As far from Plug & Play as possible I would say... So if you could provide me with info regarding this I would be grateful!

I managed to solve the Playstore issue by setting the date correct in the unit. Apparently it has something to do with fraud prevention.

Regarding the browser issue - well since the unit is installed atm I will get back to you later. I will take it out when I have more info regarding the reverse camera and have reason to take it out.

And finally the antenna cable is the wrong one. I have the fakra cable with double connection. Not the single one that you sent.

Br & thanks for your help...

Niklas

Hi Niklas, we have received your Email too, no worry our related customer service will check and reply to you soon, we will continue trying our best to help you. :)

Niklas2000

Aftermarket radios do not work with factory backup camera. If you have a OEM camera it will not work.

Well I was assured by Eonon that it would. I even got a description on how to install it. With a nice picture showing me how and what cables to use. The picture was wrong and I don't have clue on how to solve it atm.
Got an email answer but thai really did not resolve any issue at all.
Getting suport emails every 24 hours or more, is really getting old and frustrating.

So if its true what you say, this unit has really proven to be so much less than promised...

Ill try and get more info through emails, but will post my stories for future references

Last edited:

dahui91

are you sure though? I found a converter but could not find a thread talking about it see the photo below, it looks like it converts the can input into an RCA out that can be hooked up to the unit.

Well I was assured by Eonon that it would. I even got a description on how to install it. With a nice picture showing me how and what cables to use. The picture was wrong and I don't have clue on how to solve it atm.
Got an email answer but thai really did not resolve any issue at all.
Getting suport emails every 24 hours or more, is really getting old and frustrating.

So if its true what you say, this unit has really proven to be so much less than promised...

Ill try and get more info through emails, but will post my stories for future references

Niklas I don't quite have the money to add on the OEM back up camera but when I do I'm going to try the device above and see if it works and report back to the group by and this review thread, it essentially is supposed to take the can input of the camera convert it to RCA and output, I feel eonon could eventually add this to their CAN converter but for the mean time this may work, I would test it now but I'm doing research without product in hand.

My unit comes in Friday supposedly and will do a full youtube review on the unit as well once it is all installed. :beer: