GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

euro switch help

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
I've searched the forums along with a few other forums for what I am looking for, didn't find anything. Long story short I torn up my oem headlight switch, headlights were turned on when disconnected the switch. Bought and installed Euro auto switch from modded euros. Connected now my headlights are always on. That's pretty much the only thing is that there always on, no fogs or even park lights.

Now I've read when installing this you have to deactivate drls in vag com, is that all I need to do to make this work? I just want to use the switch with park lights and headlight/fog lights. I do not have rear fogs or auto sensor plug.

notes: 2012 gti with halogen headlights.

Any help would be great!

WAP

Go Kart Champion
You don't NEED to deactivate anything with VAG COM, but you do need to connect the trigger wire.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the trigger wire for rear fog lights?

WAP

Go Kart Champion
One is for the running lights and one is for the rear fog, if you have those.

There's a good DIY on Vortex.

zrickety

The Fixer
Good info.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
i will be getting the trigger wire here locally and will install tonight, will report back if there are any changes

thanks for the DIY link

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
Installed trigger wire, no change lights are still on when switch is turned off, no use of fog lights either. Only thing left would be to deactivate drls from vag com

zrickety

The Fixer

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
So good news, got the car to the shop for some vag com tweaks. Initially there was no connection to the car through the obd 2 port, checked the fuses, found a blow fuse a 10amp, replaced. got the car connected.

When I turned the key for connect through vag com i noticed my headlights didn't turn on. So for kicks turned the headlight switch on and what do you know. It worked. Every function on the switch worked fine. I did not have to disable drls.

This thing drove me crazy for a week only to find out it was a fuse.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
This thing drove me crazy for a week only to find out it was a fuse.

I'm guessing you wired it up with the battery still connected? VW electronics are real finicky/sensitive. Any time I do any wiring, the negative terminal is removed (just in case). Doing so results in NO BLOWN FUSES.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
correct will be doing that for further electronic work. like I said my oem switch broke and I could not get it out I pretty much destroyed it exposing the circuit and lights, which are bright as hell if I may say

I also wired my boost gauge into the switch idk if this had anything to do with it