GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro Switch

GTI-VI

Ready to race!
has anyone swaped to the euro switch yet for VAG homecoming and leaving i tryed it with the mkv euroswitch doesnt seem to work

pyro h4cker1

Ready to race!
i have a euro switch in, coming home works only if you have the switch in the off position and hit the high beam stalk.

I've been trying to get leaving home to work for a while. I'm pretty sure you need to have a light sensor installed for it to work though.

GTI-VI

Ready to race!
hah pyro hacker ur the dude i met when u sold my boy ur coilovers :p ima check that out ive tryed everything i dont think it works but ill check it out agian

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
When I had gotten my car APR flashed I had purchased the euro switch at the same shop and had them install it. It didn't work. So they had called the VAGCom guys to resolve it; however, I had already left(eager to drive my newly chipped GTI) before they had the resolution. Dude called me later to inform me that the VAGcom guys said that you have to re-wire something (the new headlights are missing some wiring) in order to make the lights full operable. Said it was real minor and they could do it in 10mins. Hope this helps.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
i have a euro switch in, coming home works only if you have the switch in the off position and hit the high beam stalk.

I've been trying to get leaving home to work for a while. I'm pretty sure you need to have a light sensor installed for it to work though.

Where in NJ are you? I may hit you up for help installing mine. I got the euro switch without coming home, so that won't be a issue for me.

pyro h4cker1

Ready to race!
When I had gotten my car APR flashed I had purchased the euro switch at the same shop and had them install it. It didn't work. So they had called the VAGCom guys to resolve it; however, I had already left(eager to drive my newly chipped GTI) before they had the resolution. Dude called me later to inform me that the VAGcom guys said that you have to re-wire something (the new headlights are missing some wiring) in order to make the lights full operable. Said it was real minor and they could do it in 10mins. Hope this helps.

they're referring to the trigger wire for the parking lights. You only really need this if you want to run your parking lights and your fogs by themselves

hah pyro hacker ur the dude i met when u sold my boy ur coilovers :p ima check that out ive tryed everything i dont think it works but ill check it out agian

It should be under the central electronics, i turned off drls as well idk if that makes a difference. Basically mine works as an auto switch, so i can either turn it off, turn it on auto (which they lights will automatically turn on and off without dinging when i take the key out of the ignition and open the door) the parking light spot works as the normal "on" position and then the on position is the same deal as the on position stock

Where in NJ are you? I may hit you up for help installing mine. I got the euro switch without coming home, so that won't be a issue for me.

I'm in south jersey Riverside, it's about 10-15 mins away from philly

OldSkoolNJ

Ready to race!
I'm in south jersey Riverside, it's about 10-15 mins away from philly

Sorry to thread jack but just wanted to say hi to a neighbor. I am right in Mt Laurel man. Didnt realize you were so close.

Kevin

OldSkoolNJ

Ready to race!
I used to be at all of them and I do mean I really made sure to be at all. :) However the past year with getting married, having baby, buying house, buying a car and overall work I have been away from the scene. The new whip has wet my taste again for it. Don't know if you saw my recent picture post from the other day but I will be doing that again soon. I have to leave in the am on business until the 9th. When I get back hopefully there will be no more damn snow and I clean up my car. Then me and my buddy and a few other people are going to go out and cruise and do another photo shoot if you wanna join up.

Kevin