GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F23T Technical Info Compilation Thread

FriggenT1

Banned
First fast car I've owned and it's still too slow for me. If I had the money I'd be big turbo and over 500whp but the college life sucks lmao

Anyways, any suggestions/ things I might need upon ordering the f23? I'm ordering it ceramic coated, with hardware, right from FrankenTurbo site.... Is the MBC worth it? I was seriously considering an eboost 2 setup I'll be running unitronic 2+. Might just get the MBC to be safe for the time being

Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS

The mbc is to protect against boost spikes run in parallel.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
MBC basically sets a duty cycle and leaves it, if boost tapers up top or spikes you can't do anything about it. Eboost2 gives you control over pretty much everything and allows you to switch boost maps on the fly.
You trying to sell me yours?! ??? I saw you were selling in the BT forums. I would really love to have one since eurodyne is out of the question for now but $600 new is a little steep...

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS

Jared32

Ready to race!
Could I be clued in as to what exactly the ceramic coating does for the turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Could I be clued in as to what exactly the ceramic coating does for the turbo

It is supposed to act as an insulator of sorts to keep it running cooler and flow better. I personally had mine done because of the aesthetics. If I decide to change turbos in the future my turbo should look better (IE no rust) than a turbo that wasn't coated.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
It is supposed to act as an insulator of sorts to keep it running cooler and flow better. I personally had mine done because of the aesthetics. If I decide to change turbos in the future my turbo should look better (IE no rust) than a turbo that wasn't coated.
Exactly what I was going to say. ? I was mainly thinking cooling though, didn't take the aesthetics into consideration but that is definitely a plus.

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS

Jared32

Ready to race!
Oh ya I see that makes sense then sounds like a good option..

drepai

Go Kart Champion
You trying to sell me yours?! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I saw you were selling in the BT forums. I would really love to have one since eurodyne is out of the question for now but $600 new is a little steep...

Oh, almost forgot to mention I have one for sale. What a coincidence. $280 shipped [emoji41]

adamnapes

Passed Driver's Ed
Watching the f23 in the classifieds. What are people using in place of the frankenTOP? Unfortunately that's the only missing piece and me being pretty new to the game, I would like direct bolt on and not something I would have to have fabricated or fanangle! Appreciate the help!

adamnapes

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there another brand that is basically plug and play? I didn't think the stock top worked? Maybe I misread....

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
OK. So the FrankenTop should fit like any other TOP pipe. Since the F23T IS the same on the exterior as the K04. TOP will interchange.

I do not think Doug made any significant changes to the FrankenTop.

A very good option is the Audi TT TOP pipe since it gets rid of the VW clip connector thing and is just a typical pipe that you use a coupler.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
OK. So the FrankenTop should fit like any other TOP pipe. Since the F23T IS the same on the exterior as the K04. TOP will interchange.

I do not think Doug made any significant changes to the FrankenTop.

A very good option is the Audi TT TOP pipe since it gets rid of the VW clip connector thing and is just a typical pipe that you use a coupler.

Link to said option my good man.

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!
Since the F23T IS the same on the exterior as the K04.

This. I've never fully comprehended what the frankentop is for. Then again I've never installed my f23, only kept locked up alone in my basement....