GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FACTORY WHEEL PACKAGING

midlifemk5

I have a 2008 VW GTI/DSG. I bought this car used with just 6K on it, back in 2008. I never saw a window sticker and wondered if there is a way I could find out what options or packages my car includes.

Here's my question: Does anybody know if these 18" wheels were a option package? Also what else that option package included. I see other guys with my style wheels but I noticed mine are a little different.. Just curious... GTI Passenger view..jpg

midlifemk5

arent those detroits? if theyre 18"

They are 18", I did notice just surfing the internet that VW did offer a wheel package for 1600.00, don't know if I have that option group or what else it included.... I also saw a package that included a front air dam or spoiler, I am curious about that too...

pb4ugoout

Ready to race!
Detroits are 18" and they are polished with black painted holes. Huffsteins are the basically same wheel but the holes are gray and not black. I'm not sure if the finish on Huffs is the same either. Always looked a little different to me. Denvers are basically the same style wheel but they are painted silver and are 17".

Either way...these are Huffs.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
They are 18", I did notice just surfing the internet that VW did offer a wheel package for 1600.00, don't know if I have that option group or what else it included.... I also saw a package that included a front air dam or spoiler, I am curious about that too...

That's the Votex/Zuehor(however you spell it) kit.

From the looks of it (no sunroof, navi, and I'm guessing no leather), I'd say your car was a package 0 with Hufs.

Mr Lime v2

Ready to race!
That's the Votex/Zuehor(however you spell it) kit.

From the looks of it (no sunroof, navi, and I'm guessing no leather), I'd say your car was a package 0 with Hufs.

Sorry for semi sorta kinda thread jacking but is there any way to find what package my car is in the car or vin or anything? I have huffs and sunroof on a DSG (if it matters) but everything else I believe was stock. No Nav no leather no heated seats. Is this package 1?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

midlifemk5

Sorry for semi sorta kinda thread jacking but is there any way to find what package my car is in the car or vin or anything? I have huffs and sunroof on a DSG (if it matters) but everything else I believe was stock. No Nav no leather no heated seats. Is this package 1?

That's alright, no worries. I am actually glad you broached the topic. So basically you have the same car as me except I don't have a sunroof. I do have an IPOD adapter if that is a (HINT).. I have been searching for a package that included the IPOD & the wheels but no dice so far... Guess I jacked my own thread... sorry guys... off topic :threadjacked:

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Your door jamb tire pressure sticker will probably show the wheel size your car came with; 17" or 18".

If it came with 18s, then the Huffs you have now are likely those. If it references 17" wheels instead of 18", then the previous owner upgraded to your current wheels at a later date.

Mr Lime v2

Ready to race!
That's alright, no worries. I am actually glad you broached the topic. So basically you have the same car as me except I don't have a sunroof. I do have an IPOD adapter if that is a (HINT).. I have been searching for a package that included the IPOD & the wheels but no dice so far... Guess I jacked my own thread... sorry guys... off topic :threadjacked:

Totally forgot but mine did come with that shitty iPod adapter too.

midlifemk5

Totally forgot but mine did come with that shitty iPod adapter too.

Agreed, the IPOD adapter is a piece of shit. Question, where is your aux input? I do use the adapter but it's a pain in the ass. Aux in (IF IT EXIST) would be awesome. I can play music from my IPAD...

Inside GTI.jpg

Mr Lime v2

Ready to race!
Agreed, the IPOD adapter is a piece of shit. Question, where is your aux input? I do use the adapter but it's a pain in the ass. Aux in (IF IT EXIST) would be awesome. I can play music from my IPAD...

View attachment 88851

Mine did not come with an aux input. VW wanted to charge me something stupid to put it in so I ended up picking up a JVC head unit that had bluetooth and aux and all the goodies instead. Unfortunately now I wanna get an OEM setup (probably Nav) but doesn't make sense since I already have mine installed.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I found a sticker with all the options stuck to the back of the Continental tire brochure in the glove box. I've also seen them with the spare tire kit. However, it says the car was built with 17's and the dealer sticker shows the 18" Visions that are actually on the car. Looks like this: