GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First real photos of the 2012 beetle

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
Would be great camouflage to test a Porsche platform by just tacking on some beetle parts.

sportriderseattle

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the designer was on crack! It looks like a mess-mix-match of the original Beetle, Porsche Cayman and an Audi TT...and then it got stepped on by the jolly green giant.

SUPER_PORKEY

MUERTE CIBERNETICA
They should just make the micro bus

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!

Not saying that the new one looks good but it is looking more like the original beetle than the last one

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
the front end reminds me of an hhr...

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
Not saying that the new one looks good but it is looking more like the original beetle than the last one

x2. I feel that this new design should have been what the last gen Beetle looked like. The problem is that since it is coming out now, it looks dated already to me. If you ask me, it just looks like they chopped the top and moved it back a bit, so instead of being perfectly centered (and giving the wtf is it going backwards? look), it looks more like the original. But since this is just an evolution of the last design, which is already old as a grandpa, this design is already dated.

extremely meh design, but I don't think VW will care since they sell boatloads of them.

SE-TYPE-R-Bam!

Ready to race!
the front bumper looks crooked, like a bodykit on a sunfire. looks like the rear was inspired by early Beetles, which makes it look completely awkward in my opinion, since it's the NEW beetle.

at first glimpse i thought it looked identical to the old new beetle, and then all the subtle changes i noticed just made it look worse and worse.