GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Footwell lights got brighter for a second

legandrex

Ready to race!
While driving home from watching the Rose bowl at a local establishment my wife and I noticed the footwell lights got very bright(probably full brightness) for a second or so and went back to normal. Also after having heat for several minutes when switching from floor to dash we both experience cold air coming from floor vents(never adjusted temperature any colder). Maybe it was just pissed the Badgers lost. My wife had a electrical gremlin lemoned Jetta about 10 years ago and she says "Here we go again"...I hope she is wrong.

shredX

Ready to race!
Same here. I turned off the lights all together. Just lights up shoes anyway. Novelty has worn off.

Scotty2Hotty

Go Kart Champion
My passenger said she saw mine flicker the other night. I chose to believe she was seeing things.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
It's happened to me about 3-4 times in 30k miles. I just assumed that the vehicle electronics is doing an error check. Probably nothing to worry about.

josuar88

Ready to race!
The footwell lights are too distracting while driving I turned them off the night I bought my car.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Pretty sure the footwells illuminate 100% when you unlock the doors at night and then when you start it up they adjust to your personal setting (ie: 20%). Is this what you are witnessing?

And for the light flickering for the other guy, its probably just a bit loose, open up the footwell light assembly and ensure the bulb is in there tight.

Good luck with your gremlins!

legandrex

Ready to race!
Same here. I turned off the lights all together. Just lights up shoes anyway. Novelty has worn off.

Probably will too...plus when I wear lighter colored shoes it it kind of throws me off since it looks brighter than passenger side. More distracting than anything quite honestly.

legandrex

Ready to race!
Pretty sure the footwells illuminate 100% when you unlock the doors at night and then when you start it up they adjust to your personal setting (ie: 20%). Is this what you are witnessing?

And for the light flickering for the other guy, its probably just a bit loose, open up the footwell light assembly and ensure the bulb is in there tight.

Good luck with your gremlins!

Just driving normally when it happened. I have them set to like 40 percent or so. I would be surprised if it is supposed to do a periodic electrical test that would trigger it but who knows. Best way to avoid it will be for me to turn them off.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I didn't like them at all either, until I swapped in red LEDs. Now I love them.

I have not had the brightness change or fluctuate.

legandrex

Ready to race!
I didn't like them at all either, until I swapped in red LEDs. Now I love them.

I have not had the brightness change or fluctuate.

Mine are red too...but ghetto style-ie masking tape I colored with a red sharpie.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
^lol, I forgot they used to be white, this is one of the first light mods I made was to red LEDs with white interior LEDs. MUCH less distracting and makes way more sense with the VW red mood lighting from up top!

Envious

Ready to race!
i just experienced this twice yesterday, within like 2 hours, i just hit 14k miles.... and it freaked me out...

TDItoGTI

Apparently this is somewhat common….I came to this forum looking for this specific problem. Mine went to full bright for one second and then back to normal three times in an hour the other night. One week old car with less than 1000 miles.