GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

from S to D

mk6gti!

Passed Driver's Ed
was driving spirited last night and i forgot it was in S. around 5000 rpm i pushed it up, thinking i was in M mode, but instead i pushed it up to D. the car jerked suddendly. and upshifted 2 gears.

is this ok?

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Seems like it would be fine to me

ImmI

Ready to race!
Once I was in M mode and put it back into D, I forgot I was in D and pushed up on the DSG putting the car into N and the car revved to redline

This has happened twice

I think you should be OK

PoorHumble

Ready to race!
I do this type of mistake every once in a while. It happens. Just like... driving off once in a while, forgetting to take the parking brake off. After 50 yards I realize "oh sh-t! Handbrake!".

So far, car is still running well.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Once I was in M mode and put it back into D, I forgot I was in D and pushed up on the DSG putting the car into N and the car revved to redline

This has happened twice

I think you should be OK

Ha! I've done this several times because I'm almost always in M, and sometimes forget that I switched to D.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
I do this type of mistake every once in a while. It happens. Just like... driving off once in a while, forgetting to take the parking brake off. After 50 yards I realize "oh sh-t! Handbrake!".

So far, car is still running well.

yikes

I've heard about people driving with handbrakes on but I can't imagine how. I've almost done it a couple times but I always catch myself because getting on the throttle the car feels so different, half a second later I'll realize it's the brake.

valeoray

Ready to race!
yikes

I've heard about people driving with handbrakes on but I can't imagine how. I've almost done it a couple times but I always catch myself because getting on the throttle the car feels so different, half a second later I'll realize it's the brake.

Don't you get a warning on the MFD saying your handbrake is on?