GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ed's Golf 6 Replica OEM HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewr41

Ready to race!
Coding question

So I apologize if this has been covered before, but I haven't found a fix to the problem I am having.

My headlights are coded as per the DIY in post #2 and I have the jumper wire installed to run LEDs as DRLs and parking lights. I also have LED tails w/ Euro switch and trigger wire. Byte 18 is 1F.

I get a DRL error on the MFD when I either turn the lights on before the car has had time to do its checks, and/or the lights are already on when I start the car (at a gas station, for example). Does anyone know how to stop it throwing this code?

Thanks.

gkraja

Dimming issues

Hi guys, i need some help with dimming the LEDs.
My problem is that before i coded the lights, the LEDs were very bright. However when i coded them they are really dim and i can't make them brighter.

With regard to the code, i enabled, "DRLs as position lights" and turned the "DRL dimming" from 100% to 120 or 125. When changed the dimming to even 125% or lowered it to 75% nothing worked.

Also one last thing. My LEDs stay on even when i turn my low beams on. So on the O position of the switch its just the LEDs, and when i turn the switch its the LEDs and low beams. Which i what i wanted to begin with, but i heard that you had to run a jumper wire in the connector to do this. I have a 2010 2.5 with fogs. Some help please. Thanks guys.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys, i need some help with dimming the LEDs.

My problem is that before i coded the lights, the LEDs were very bright. However when i coded them they are really dim and i can't make them brighter.

With regard to the code, i enabled, "DRLs as position lights" and turned the "DRL dimming" from 100% to 120 or 125. When changed the dimming to even 125% or lowered it to 75% nothing worked.

Also one last thing. My LEDs stay on even when i turn my low beams on. So on the O position of the switch its just the LEDs, and when i turn the switch its the LEDs and low beams. Which i what i wanted to begin with, but i heard that you had to run a jumper wire in the connector to do this. I have a 2010 2.5 with fogs. Some help please. Thanks guys.

Mine look like this during the day, at night/headlights on they're dimmer

gkraja

Dimming issues

This is what my headlights look like. My problem is that when they are on, the DRL LEDs are very dim. I remember before i did the coding that they were way brighter.

LEDs before coding
20150411_131431.jpg

LEDs after coding
20150414_234200.jpg

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
This is what my headlights look like. My problem is that when they are on, the DRL LEDs are very dim. I remember before i did the coding that they were way brighter.

LEDs before coding
View attachment 48277

LEDs after coding
View attachment 48278

If I recall it is enable LED as DRL not position lights which may be different. Yours may be dimmed to the headlight setting.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
You should really tell us what coding changes you have done (from and to) and also what your rear lights are like and if you have upgraded them too.

The byte 18 setting can change the brightness of the LEDs and is usually the problem - but it depends what you have set it to and what set up of all lights you have before that can be troubleshooted.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
May 16th Update
New shipment of lights will be here by May 26th, I was able to negotiate better pricing on the Option 3 and 4 lights, so prices are now:

$575 Shipped for Options 1 or 2

Option 1 - Chrome, no LEDs, Golf R style with the HID kit
Option 2 - Black, no LEDs with the HID kit

$625 Shipped for Option 3 or 4
Option 3 -Black with LEDs with the HID kit
Option 4 - Chrome with LEDs, GTI Style with the HID kit

Add $50 if you want to upgrade to a Morimoto HID kit with your choice of 5500K or 6000K HID bulbs.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
I'm having issues with the coding for a Jetta sportwagen. I'm still getting a bulb out error to check the daytime running lights. I've done everything on the first page but is there something more specific for a JSW without fog lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manos1218

Hi guys,
I brought the ed’s headlight (option 1) and I am very happy with my choice. My problem is that I have the problem with the "Bulb Out" error.
I have installed the following kit:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h7.html#.VXLN28_tmkp
With the optional Canbus Compatible: The optional Standalone Canbus harness substitute is recommended for European vehicles that display "bulb out" error messages. They contain a series of capacitors and resistors to trick the car into thinking nothing has changed and help you avoid annoying lamp-out warnings on the dash.
I never tried to use the vag com because as I read in the forum In some cases is very difficult to find the appropriated coding and I am afraid for the damage that maybe I do.
Although I read in another forum that some people used the following products and the problem solved. I don’t know if the problem comes from the lack of the high beam lamp or because of the difference of the wattage load of regular halogen turn light bulbs.
https://www.onyxlights.com/accessories/hid-computer-canbus-error-canceler-cable
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-50W-6o...ker-/181764660518?vxp=mtr&hash=item2a52049d26
If someone knows something, please shear it with us. Thanks in advance.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys,
I brought the ed’s headlight (option 1) and I am very happy with my choice. My problem is that I have the problem with the "Bulb Out" error.
I have installed the following kit:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h7.html#.VXLN28_tmkp
With the optional Canbus Compatible: The optional Standalone Canbus harness substitute is recommended for European vehicles that display "bulb out" error messages. They contain a series of capacitors and resistors to trick the car into thinking nothing has changed and help you avoid annoying lamp-out warnings on the dash.
I never tried to use the vag com because as I read in the forum In some cases is very difficult to find the appropriated coding and I am afraid for the damage that maybe I do.
Although I read in another forum that some people used the following products and the problem solved. I don’t know if the problem comes from the lack of the high beam lamp or because of the difference of the wattage load of regular halogen turn light bulbs.
https://www.onyxlights.com/accessories/hid-computer-canbus-error-canceler-cable
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-50W-6o...ker-/181764660518?vxp=mtr&hash=item2a52049d26
If someone knows something, please shear it with us. Thanks in advance.

It's takes 5 mins with VAGCOM - literally check 2 or 3 boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.