GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7 R headlights for our MK6

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Out of box Cut off pic with led bulbs..

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Yup my leds fit perfectly in there.. thought i may have to cut a hole possibly also but it wasn't necessary..

Cool. Is there anyway you can take a few pictures showing the bulbs installed in the housing and the amount of room it has left? Did you end up stuffing the ballast inside the housing as well or did you mount it somewhere in the engine bay?

Also the cutoff looks way better than my ED's Xenon Reps I current have.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Looks like the right side needs a little adjusting. I can't wait to get mine! Seller needs to ship it already! Lol

Ya i got mine very quicky.. purchased last sunday night, arrived sat. morning.. fedex ground Cali to NYC.. I'm gonna play with them tonight and adjust..

Cool. Is there anyway you can take a few pictures showing the bulbs installed in the housing and the amount of room it has left? Did you end up stuffing the ballast inside the housing as well or did you mount it somewhere in the engine bay?

Also the cutoff looks way better than my ED's Xenon Reps I current have.

there wasnt much room for the cover put it did go on snugly.. and yes i put the ballasts inside.. all nicely contained inside..the opt 7 led ballasts are tiny plenty of room..

the cutoff is pretty solid.. the iphone pics dont do them justice.. i am very happy with it..

marcello1395

Passed Driver's Ed
Ya i got mine very quicky.. purchased last sunday night, arrived sat. morning.. fedex ground Cali to NYC.. I'm gonna play with them tonight and adjust..

there wasnt much room for the cover put it did go on snugly.. and yes i put the ballasts inside.. all nicely contained inside..the opt 7 led ballasts are tiny plenty of room..

the cutoff is pretty solid.. the iphone pics dont do them justice.. i am very happy with it..

Looks like mine shipped finally, Fedex says it picked it up yesterday night. I'm hoping to get it by Thursday here in Texas. :)

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Woohoo, my headlights arrive tomorrow. I'm going to take measurements and work with TRS to see if their Morimoto 2Stroke LED bulbs will fit without modification. They'll be able to give me about 1500 lumnes more per bulb then my Morimoto Xenon set up I have in my OEM Reps. They're also about 2,000 lumens brighter than the OPT7 FluxBeam

Talguy

Go Kart Champion

marcello1395

Passed Driver's Ed
How do high beams work with these lights? I currently have a H7 HID kit but it's only for low beams.

I'm using my original h7 halogen bulb, the headlights have a flap that open the projector more which is the high beam. Low beam/High beam all in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rc0224

Ready to race!
just installed mine today, and my DRL isnt working...no error on dash, might be the code that I've done for my previous Ed's headlight due to running those led as drl ?

Last edited:

marcello1395

Passed Driver's Ed
I had my Ed lights coded for DRL to be working with the LEDs, and it continues working with these and it worked with my stock halogens. My 'U's are on full brightness at all times even with the headlights on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk