GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 Mechanical Discussion

McQueen77

Banned
Why wouldn't you now?

because after 2 years of car payments, all i want to do is pay off my kraut shitheap and drive it into the dirt with no car payments, instead of getting into a bunch more debt to drive a more powerful, AWD golf. starting a family, moving to a bigger place, etc. priorities. real life. i need a good 3 years of no car payments at which point, i'll get another car. but as ive said in previous posts, ill prob want a little more refinement and comfort by that time. Next gen CC R-Line is top pick but that could change. 3 series, A4, who knows.

I'm still really happy with the GTI so it will be in my life looong past the introduction of the mk7..

the Engine and Model I'm REALLY waiting to hear about is the GTD, and if they will bring it to the US.... last "rumor" had the next version at 190bhp, 300+trq and around 50mpg....

I'd say YES PLEASE to that for sure....

+1. I too am very interested in a VW diesel that isn't slower than a turd. As much as I like the Golf TDI, I can't live with 140HP, no matter how good the mileage is. Too used to a Stage 1 GTI to go back at this point.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the current TSI engine an EA888? I'm assuming the new one will use Audi's valve lift technology?

No that's the engine on the mk5's (up until 2009's whigh got the tdi) and it's used on the ed35.

Not good news for tsi owners. Parts will be more expensive and support just that much thinner.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

Halvie

WOOSA
seriously, 222 is such an odd #, to me anyway....why not a nice solid 225?

but from minutes ago, "breaking" story....

"The model in which enthusiasts will be especially interested is the Golf GTI, which will be launched late next year alongside a more powerful Golf R. Both will forgo their current turbocharged 2.0-litre powerplants from Volkswagen’s EA113 engine family for more contemporary EA888 units developed in partnership with Audi. In the new GTI, which is set to be previewed in concept form at the Paris show, it is claimed to produce 222bhp, with the R receiving a more heavily tuned version delivering 276bhp"

fucking figures

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
No that's the engine on the mk5's (up until 2009's whigh got the tdi) and it's used on the ed35.

Not good news for tsi owners. Parts will be more expensive and support just that much thinner.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

GTI(MK6 and 2008.5 MK5 on) is EA888, ED35 GTI and R is EA113

They are going to a 2nd gen EA888 engine for the new car....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Wow....I goofed bad about the engine Codes :facepalm:

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
So we do have an EA888, I thought it was strange that VW would go back to an FSI motor when the TSI seems to be very reliable.

sprytdi

Ready to race!
the Engine and Model I'm REALLY waiting to hear about is the GTD, and if they will bring it to the US.... last "rumor" had the next version at 190bhp, 300+trq and around 50mpg....

I'd say YES PLEASE to that for sure....

If they do this im gonna be pissed:mad:
Last i heard vw had no intentions to bring a gtd platform to N. America, we have more emissions to get around i guess, but last year vw said they had no intentions of adding more power to the diesels. Ya never know though?
too bad for me, I've already got too much into my car damnit to give it up at this point, (just ordered the rawtek kit with malone tuning, hpa dsg tune, R taillights, badgless grille, and i have sway bars, a sport cup kit and uber stealth box)so now fer sure I have to do something true blue amazing with my 2.0cr, full build and twin turbo time
F

manny2206

Ready to race!

Thank you kindly, i was reading and there is talk about the manifold being welded to the cylinder head for weight reduction purposes; coming from an Acura which uses the k20a, when Honda announced their new power-plants was a bigger 2.4l everyone go t excited but was very disappointed to find out the exhaust manifold, and the head were basically one so, a good portion of the tune-ability of the engines went out the window.. obviously i know this engine is completely different from an NA Honda power-plant; im just wondering :p

CFG9000

Ready to race!
I think APR or one of the other tuners posted evidence that the newer engine responds poorly to tunes compared to the current engine.

formul8

My GLI farts
New one will use the dual injection technilogy, thats already on the 1.8T version on the A3 I believe...

Spent 900 miles driving my cousin's '12 A3 TDI on a road trip and around LA two weeks ago. Compared to my GTI, you'd almost never miss the HP with the higher amount of TQ.

JLCVDUB

Ready to race!
good point -- yeah I thought the EURO R was already more powerful than the 256 the US version got....

Ehh, it's already been proven that the current NA spec R makes the same power as the ROW R. The R was "rated" lower for marketing purposes(Audi) but is no different.