GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R at Nordschleife (Video)

2inTheMorning

Ready to race!
This isn't my video, I only stumbled upon it on Youtube. It says "Golf VI R, komplett original (all stock)". The driver has incredible driving skills. As I watch it I try to imagine myself in the car - and I would have soiled my pants.

Definitely worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHDx3Ac4uqk

Last edited:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Not bad for stock, especially as the track was fairly busy. The bridge to gantry record for a stock Golf R is under 8mins as the full lap record is 8'24" iirc and it takes around 28 seconds to do the gantry to bridge section to complete the full lap.

I have a video lap of me on the Nurburgring doing the full lap plus the GP short circuit in an Edition 30, with a passenger ( so only going at 8/10ths ) and a misfire at the top end so not my fastest lap, but still a Bridge to gantry equivalent of around 8'30.

I'm hoping to get back this year and set a lap time with the R:thumbsup:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
That track is crazy when it is full of cars like that. Good lap though

LOL, tell me about it. I've came around a corner doing 80mph only to find a coach load of Japanese tourists taking snaps and the driver doing 20mph out of the same corner. Not to mention several crashes just after corners!! One chap wrote off a hired Porsche GT3RS there just after writing off his own Porsche Turbo a couple of weeks before at a UK track. A good time can turn sour in seconds.....literally.

mikochu

boogerface
I've driven Nordschleife in a Scirocco Cup+ and it's pretty intense. The first lap, I felt pretty numb and I'm sure I was going slow. Might've been that $14k deductible. Hah.

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
LOL, tell me about it. I've came around a corner doing 80mph only to find a coach load of Japanese tourists taking snaps and the driver doing 20mph out of the same corner. Not to mention several crashes just after corners!! One chap wrote off a hired Porsche GT3RS there just after writing off his own Porsche Turbo a couple of weeks before at a UK track. A good time can turn sour in seconds.....literally.

I was a noob when i went and spun out in my mk3 gti. Didn't hit anything just went into the grass but after that I was kinda scared lol and the fact that the track was just filled with people was insane. I actually was watching videos of people crashing around the same corner so when I got this summer I know not to go crazy around it