GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got into small wreck. :( where go get r parts?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Okay, guess this is an opportunity to upgrade to R parts. See picture below.

We were at a light and it went green We started to take of then the Jeep hit the brakes in front of me again. I didn't respond quick enough since we just took of and I hit his spare tire and bumper. He had no damage that we could tell. But my headlights mounting brackets are broken, grill broken, VW emblem busted, hood pushed in and up with crinkles, bumper cover pushed in and sides out with crease in the middle.

All I can see right now. :(. His coolant leaked everywhere which was weird. So where can I get R headlights that are like mine with auto leveling, and R grill and possibly bumper? I need to know all info regarding this swap so I can get the shop to go with these parts! Thanks guys!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334403524551.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334403524551.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 389
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334403538283.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334403538283.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 317
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334403555204.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334403555204.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 258
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334403565916.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334403565916.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334403585896.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334403585896.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 236
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334403597612.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334403597612.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 235

SRT2GTI

Banned
ECS Tuning has all of the R conversion body panels. I'm not sure about the R headlights.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Cool. I am just wondering about the Auto Leveling though on the headlights. :)

It will get fixed. At least it's not too bad. I think the radiator support got pushed back a little as my ModShack filter is straight but the support gets closer to it on one side. :0

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Insurance. As long as it's close to the same cost of the OEM GTI parts. It doesn't matter then.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
You're stance is perfect in the first pic.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Insurance. As long as it's close to the same cost of the OEM GTI parts. It doesn't matter then.

Exactly. Even if it's not the same price they will still pay the cost of the correct parts and then you just make up the difference. It is still a good way to turn a bad situation into an upgrade mod cheaper.

After my wife and I found out that the GLI conversion for the Jetta ONLY works on the wagons (WTF??) I priced out buying the OEM GLI parts and doing the conversion myself......then we started joking that we hoped someone would back into her in a parking lot and wipe out the front end. :lol:

If the rad support pushed back it might have cracked the tank on the radiator causing that coolant leak. If they have to swap the radiator might be a good time to get an S3 intercooler installed while the labor to get in there is covered by this claim. :D

Seems like we're having a lot of accidents around here lately....let's everyone be careful out there ok?? :thumbsup:

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear about the accident, but it will all be fixed and looking better than ever.

His coolant leaked or yours did? Also, why did you leave the cars in the street, seems like a minor accident where you could have just pulled over to the side and assessed damages?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Personally I would swallow the deductible and have it repaired under an insurance claim. If you demonstrate to the insurance company that comparable aftermarket parts may be less expensive than OEM, then...who knows...

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Personally I would swallow the deductible and have it repaired under an insurance claim. If you demonstrate to the insurance company that comparable aftermarket parts may be less expensive than OEM, then...who knows...

He wants OEM Golf R parts... not gonna be cheap.

Sounds bad but...

If the IC is toast, time for an S3.
R Bumper and brackets.
New hood.
R Grille.
R Lights.

Since the R is now here, Keffer can get you the R parts, at 27% off.

JhnR

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that sucks :(.

R parts :D