GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grovans "R" Golf MK6 (Norway)

Chrop

Ready to race!
Yup you've pretty much done everything lol. I brought a 1.6 TDi the other day, your car in a shining example ! :thumbup:
Hehe, yeah, and thanks :) Just ask if you got any questions, i kinda know most of the cosmetics now.. :D

The seats are so yummmm....

Oh yes! The second pair of these seats in Norway just got sold to someone else here in Norway. One day the may end up in Qatar, if you come and get them :p

By the way, ive been checking out your thread now and then, and i really like where it is going! Please take some highres photos of your car with the city in the background. one day i so wanna travel down around dubai etc :D

This is what i see outside the window. I'd rather be down there :D

Last edited:

George1

Ready to race!
Your car is a true inspiration, awesome from every angle, winter and summer time:D.
Do you have more pics with the seattle alloys in combination with the H&R suspension? I have the regular seattle alloys and want to lower it on H&R. Have you thought of spacers for them?

Last edited:

Chrop

Ready to race!
Your car is a true inspiration, awesome from every angle, winter and summer time:D.
Do you have more pics with the seattle alloys in combination with the H&R suspension? I have the regular seattle alloys and want to lower it on H&R. Have you thought of spacers for them?

Thanks alot George!

I dont really have that i guess if your thinking about close-up and from the side. I have thought of spacers, but im not sure yet. As im going to upgrade to 18" for the next winter :)

zeo

Passed Driver's Ed
Chrop How much is the r bumper in Norway ?
It cost usd 2k here.
I'm trying to decide between Revozport or R

Chrop

Ready to race!
I guess its about 3300 usd in norway. I bought on ebay for less then half the price tho :)

kadettro

Hy, i have a question about your friend with GTD, how he managed to retrofit the R20 exhaust on the car? The R20 exhaust is bigger than normal exhaust, it supose to direct fit only on AWD modells because the absence of the spare wheel.
Thanks in advance,
Radu

Chrop

Ready to race!

Thats correct, its in there ;)

Hy, i have a question about your friend with GTD, how he managed to retrofit the R20 exhaust on the car? The R20 exhaust is bigger than normal exhaust, it supose to direct fit only on AWD modells because the absence of the spare wheel.
Thanks in advance,
Radu

He has Miltek Exhaust system. :)

FormulaRon

This is one inspirational build! Is yours the 1.6 TDI 105ps version? If so, how loud are the exhausts since its diesel? I'm thinking of getting the 1.6 TDI version since its very economical and I do like the rear GTI diffuser + exhaust but I'm scared that if I put the GTI exhaust, it will be too loud since it's diesel. Do you have any video of inside the car and outside the car while revving the engine?

EDIT: Also, does the GTI exhaust fit directly on to the car? Do I need to change the whole exhaust system or does the backbox fit right in?

Thanks

Last edited:

Harryshah

Ready to race!
This is one inspirational build! Is yours the 1.6 TDI 105ps version? If so, how loud are the exhausts since its diesel? I'm thinking of getting the 1.6 TDI version since its very economical and I do like the rear GTI diffuser + exhaust but I'm scared that if I put the GTI exhaust, it will be too loud since it's diesel. Do you have any video of inside the car and outside the car while revving the engine?

EDIT: Also, does the GTI exhaust fit directly on to the car? Do I need to change the whole exhaust system or does the backbox fit right in?

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgIuj4LCcJQ&feature=related

Incase your wondering how i found that, that video is how i found this forum lol. And i have a 1.6 TDI, its not that loud tbh.

FormulaRon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgIuj4LCcJQ&feature=related

Incase your wondering how i found that, that video is how i found this forum lol. And i have a 1.6 TDI, its not that loud tbh.

Thanks for the link and I've seen that video already. I wanted some revving sound on the inside and on the outside but you said you have a 1.6 TDI and it isn't that loud then it's fine :)

Still got this question though: Did Chrop have to change the whole exhaust system to fit the GTI one or can you just swap the back box?

Last edited:

Chrop

Ready to race!

Sold them :)

Thanks for the link and I've seen that video already. I wanted some revving sound on the inside and on the outside but you said you have a 1.6 TDI and it isn't that loud then it's fine :)

Still got this question though: Did Chrop have to change the whole exhaust system to fit the GTI one or can you just swap the back box?

There wasnt much sound increase as far as ive noticed. You should be good to go. The pipes under the car on the 1.6tdi are abit smaller, you will need the exhaust shop to do their thing!

FormulaRon

There wasnt much sound increase as far as ive noticed. You should be good to go. The pipes under the car on the 1.6tdi are abit smaller, you will need the exhaust shop to do their thing!

Thank you very much :) Good luck with your car :) Can't wait for updates! :thumbup: