GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI-R

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
All I want is an AWD GTI. It doesn't need to be an R32, doesn't need more horsepower, it just needs to be AWD. It would be a perfect car for me up here in Alaska.

A sporty, 2 door 'hot hatch' for under 30K. sounds good to me.

Q822

Ready to race!
GTi-R or an Audi S3 here in North America could be perfect for me..I want a small Hatchback with AWD but I don't want this extra weigh without an extra power...so VW GTi-r or Audi S3 would be my first choice if we could have it.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
You do realise the limitations of haldex?
Things like it only transfers power to the rear when the front starts to slip.
Drive to the rear is disconnected when you press the brake pedal so no engine braking at the rear.

Q822

Ready to race!
Yes I realise but I had an Audi TT mk1 225 with more than 300hp and trust me the Haldez system even if it's not a real quattro is really usefull and could be great in a GTi with a K04 turbo :)

sleepergti86

APRTuned
the GTI-R will 2WD???? where did u hear this?

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
The new ford Focus RS due out in march has 296bhp and front wheel drive.

Also people are just guessing it will be 270PS;)

Last edited:

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
True but at the moment no one knows how good or bad the electronic one in the GTI is compared to the mechanical ones like the quaife, never mind what they will fit to the GTIR.
Even so a chipped Edition 30 with 300bhp/300 is not that much of a handfull and has far more torque and power to deal with at lower rpm than the S3 engine in standard 265PS/260Lb.ft tune. The mk5 chassis in front wheel drive handles 230/240 in Ed30+Pirelli/cupra just fine before you even start talking about any new tweeked modified suspension/steering setup. They may even just do it in DSG and remap/limit the power and power delivery in the lower gears.