GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI roof spoiler on Golf 2.0TDI?

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
BTW I can't find the ABT rear spoiler anywhere in the US:iono:. Also thinking of the OSIR CF hatch top spoiler....if available for TDI :iono:

lesvw123

Ready to race!
I like the spoiler, but already have a major problem with road grime being stuck to the back of the car. Wouldn't a bigger spoiler draw more road dirt and exhaust up onto the rear of the car?

i thought it would solve the problem of the road grime on the rear but it made no difference at all,i think its down to a design fault, as the rear of my mk5 was never as bad as the mk6

Rumble79

Ready to race!
Can someone explain the difference between the OEM (not sure if it's called Votex) rear roof spoiler compared to lesvw123's ABT roof spoiler? They are both add-ons and look very similar to me. Thanks!

zee

Go Kart Champion
Can someone explain the difference between the OEM (not sure if it's called Votex) rear roof spoiler compared to lesvw123's ABT roof spoiler? They are both add-ons and look very similar to me. Thanks!

The Votex roof spoiler shows a gap.

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
lessvw123, where did you get your exhaust tips? Are they from VW.com? I've looked around and I can't find any nice ones. Could you send me a detailed pic of your tips? Thanks!

Rumble79

Ready to race!
The Votex spoiler also looks like a replacement piece. I thought both spoilers were add-ons to the existing Golf spoiler?

lesvw123

Ready to race!
the abt spoiler is a solid part which glues on with no gaps
the exhaust tips are off ebay put in on a search golf vi then worldwide and loads of german bits are for sale on there including exhaust tips or measure the size of your exhaust then have a lok at audi ones they fit as long as you get the right size

http://

Last edited:

Rumble79

Ready to race!
Sorry lesvw123, the ABT spoiler is glued/stuck on the existing regular Golf spoiler or do I take off the original spoiler and the stick the ABT on? Is that process the same with the Votex spoiler? Thanks!

lesvw123

Ready to race!
if you have a standard gt tdi they do not have a rear spoiler fitted so there is nothing to remove.
the votex or abt spoiler is glued to the top of the tailgate as pictured in bubuski pics
with spoiler adhesive

Rumble79

Ready to race!
Okay, gotcha! I guess I always thought of my stock rear roof piece as a "spoiler." I have what everyone else has pictured below. I just have to debate on which add-on spoiler I like more. Thanks for your help!

TurboTor

Golfer
I'm getting a roof spoiler, anyone know witch one reduces dirt on the hatch the most?
votex, ABT or OEM GTI??

I like the OEM GTI, anyone tried to mount one?