GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI roof spoiler on Golf 2.0TDI?

Redslumber

Ready to race!
Pics alva!

catbb67

i got mine done from the dealership. it fits obbz, and looks so much better!

Can you post the parts list and the work done? e.g. spoiler, high break light assembly, water spray nossel, painting the parts. If you don't mind, also the price your were charged.

I talked to my VW dealer (Boardwalk VW, Dallas, TX). They don;t seem to know much.

Thanks!

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Can you post the parts list and the work done? e.g. spoiler, high break light assembly, water spray nossel, painting the parts. If you don't mind, also the price your were charged.

I talked to my VW dealer (Boardwalk VW, Dallas, TX). They don;t seem to know much.

Thanks!

Here's what you need asides from the actual spoiler. This is list price, but you can get it for cheaper.

Part Number: 5K6945087B
BRAKELIGHT
$62.00

Part Number: 5K0955993A
Lift gate - Wiper and washer components - Spray jet Spray jet 2010 - 2011
$16.50

Part Number: 5K6945229
2x BOLT
$5.50

Part Number: 5K6945229A
2x CLIP
$3.90

catbb67

Here's what you need asides from the actual spoiler. This is list price, but you can get it for cheaper.

Part Number: 5K6945087B
BRAKELIGHT
$62.00

Part Number: 5K0955993A
Lift gate - Wiper and washer components - Spray jet Spray jet 2010 - 2011
$16.50

Part Number: 5K6945229
2x BOLT
$5.50

Part Number: 5K6945229A
2x CLIP
$3.90

Many many thanks!

vwnewcomer

hope this helps if you need a better look have a look on the abt website use there configurator to put it on to a black car,this is a solid unit the gti is hollow plastichttp://
Hi lesvw123,

I have a Golf 6 GT in HK and I just ordered the same ABT roof spoiler as yours from a ABT distributor in HK and it will take a bit time to arrive. I would like to know how fit your ABT spoiler is on your Golf? Does it cover the original spoiler completely from end to end? You have taken some very nice pictures and I saw close-up on the spoiler but I cannot see the fitting on the ends.

The reason I asked is that I actually have ordered a cheap copy of the ABT from eBay (made in China) from a local body kit shop. At the time of the installation, I checked that the quality was very poor, especially the fitting on both ends which left a gap of a bit less than 1cm. And the spoiler was hollow inside. There were also some slight ripples on the service. I eventually returned it and decided to go with the original ABT spoiler.

Would you happen to have a close up photo(s) on the joints, especially on both ends to show how fit the spoiler is? Thanks!

greine16

Ready to race!
The originaly GTI spoiler fits on GOLF 6 TDI so you dont have to buy this VOTEX shits

He's right the GTI fits regular golf here are the part numbers you need to make it happen

5K6 827 936 A GRU spoiler primed with interior retaining bracket
5K6 945 087 B additonal brake light
5K0 955 993 C Nozzle
5K6 945 229 attachment bolts quantity 2
5K6 945 229 A Securing Clips quantity 2
you will need to remove the original rear break light with the built in nozzel and install the new nozzle by uplugging the existing hose and hook it up to the new nozzel. The retaining bracket slides into the hole that the old brake light sits in and the painted spoiler skin slides over that. the new additonal brake light mounts into the spoiler using the attachement bolts and securing clips.
you will need to clean the areas that the new spoiler will attach to and put an adhesive primer on the parts that new spoiler is attaching to and tape it on for a day until the glue sets up

The Votex spoiler looks like crap and many of the aftermarket spoilers have extremely poor fitment when it comes to appearance from the side view. Votex is suppost to keep dust of your hatch, but thats hardly the case so dont waste your money thinking its going to keep your car cleaner.