GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI + Torque App = win!

misaka

Ready to race!
I just bought a 21$ blutooth ODB II dongle... and paid 5$ for the torque app for android. Now I'm tempted to get a tablet and mount it somewhere so I can have these gauges and more all the time...

Sorry here's the dongle I got from amazon. Works 100% (some others do not) http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Bluetooth-diagnostics-compatible/dp/B005NLQAHS/

Here's the App. https://market.android.com/details?id=org.prowl.torque&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5wcm93bC50b3JxdWUiXQ..

(can chose gauges etc, adjust styles, max min etc)

The only thing I noticed is that I went wot for 2-3 seconds, I had a momentary boost value of 24.5psi (I'm stage 1 tuned) I didn't get to watch what it would stabilize at, but is that normal, or is the guage slightly inaccurate

sample pic btw. I still have yet to go through the hundred things you can poll from the ECU for guages, graphs etc.

Last edited:

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Is this available for iOS?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
That is amazing. How the heck does it work??

misaka

Ready to race!
my apologies. Updated op with links. Best 26$ I've spent. Works great on my phone, and I'm tempted to get an mount a cheap tablet (ie kindle fire or nook color) and have full size guages.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
The only thing I noticed is that I went wot for 2-3 seconds, I had a momentary boost value of 24.5psi (I'm stage 1 tuned) I didn't get to watch what it would stabilize at, but is that normal, or is the guage slightly inaccurate

Very inaccurate. You should be at like 16-17 psi I believe.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
I posted about this the other day.

As for the boost gauge you have to go into the settings and set the atmospheric pressure to -14.7 depending upon your height above sea level if you want it accurate.

to do this go to vehicle profile and edit the "Boost adjustment"

I used -14.2 as my mean altitude is approx 1000 ft above sea level.

This compensates for atmospheric pressure.

I'm bone stock and usually max around 11psi indicated. Seems about right to me.

misaka

Ready to race!
I posted about this the other day.

As for the boost gauge you have to go into the settings and set the atmospheric pressure to -14.7 depending upon your height above sea level if you want it accurate.

to do this go to vehicle profile and edit the "Boost adjustment"

I used -14.2 as my mean altitude is approx 1000 ft above sea level.

This compensates for atmospheric pressure.

I'm bone stock and usually max around 11psi indicated. Seems about right to me.

Thanks! I'm near sea level so I'll probably use -14.67 (I measured the air pressure using my watch lol)

what did yo use for the wt of the car loaded? I used 1450kg since I'm light. I didn't touch volumetric efficiency

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
want haz something this cheap for iOS.