GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti vs MKIV Jetta GLI

gkallis

Ready to race!
Well i think i know the obvious answer to this but for shits and giggles and to give people something to do. there is this kid who apearently told this girl(that i bang) that his car could destroy mine. He drive a fricken mkiv gli and Has Chip,Downpipe,Intercooler and said something about diodes. The funny part is that she told him im stock when im actually stage 2. Now should i be sweating this or easy kill?

On another educational note...whats diodes?

Also ill just post this now since i know people will do it ne ways

gkallis

Ready to race!
noone? atleast answer what diodes r lol

msm00b

Ready to race!
Easy win.

I don't know what a diode is, but I google searched "funny diode" and this picture came up.

Pretty sure it has fuck-all to do with diodes, but I enjoyed it.

gkallis

Ready to race!
thats hot haha

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Wow, that picture IS hot!

A MKIV (MK4)??...wouldn't that be a 1.8t?

I don't know shit about shit...but sounds like an easy kill.................diodes????? haha

Also, he probably thinks he will beat you because he thinks that you are stock. If you WERE stock, it may be a decent race? Those 1.8's can be modded up pretty good.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Maybe he means light emitting diodes, or "LED's".?????

A diode is an electronic part that limits electical flow in only one direction.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
if you were stg 1 you would lose...mk4's are very light, and with downpipe, intercooler and software they will fly

I say bullshit to this.

This MK4 vs a stock MK6.........maaaaaybe.

A Stage 1 MK6 should have no problem with a MK4 1.8........I. don't care how many down pipes, intercoolers, or "diodes" it has.

Unless this MK4 has a "Stage 3". Or "KO4" type complete turbo replacement?.................nahhhhhhhh

Last edited:

gkallis

Ready to race!
I say bullshit to this.

This MK4 vs a stock MK6.........maaaaaybe.

A Stage 1 MK6 should have no problem with a MK4 1.8........I. don't care how many down pipes, intercoolers, or "diodes" it has.

Unless this MK4 has a "Stage 3". Or "KO4" type complete turbo replacement?.................nahhhhhhhh

i agree he even said he has close to 230 hp lol i cant wait to surprise him with my "stock" gti lol

msm00b

Ready to race!
MK IV Jetta GLI Curb weight: 3179

Sorry, it's not light enough to make up the difference. A stage 2 MK VI GTI *should* wipe the floor with the GLI.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
the gli's actually have a slightly larger turbo than the mkv/vi thats why they make more power than the standard 1.8t's

i was thinking more along the line of my buddies 337 weight wise which is under 2700 w/o him in it-which is boosting 20psi on stg 2 spftware

I did not say a stg 2 i said a stg 1 which whp is around 220-230....depending on the gli's set up it would be a very tight match up

FasDarken

Ready to race!
the gli's actually have a slightly larger turbo than the mkv/vi thats why they make more power than the standard 1.8t's

i was thinking more along the line of my buddies 337 weight wise which is under 2700 w/o him in it-which is boosting 20psi on stg 2 spftware

I did not say a stg 2 i said a stg 1 which whp is around 220-230....depending on the gli's set up it would be a very tight match up

...well he's not racing your buddy and his 337. To me that would be an extreme case. Most modded MKIV's I've seen don't run 20psi setups. OP, should be an easy kill or you're doing it wrong.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
murderlize him already.. and plz take a vid for us

msm00b

Ready to race!
While you're at it, steal his diodes!

lulz