GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gunkata’s “S3” A3 2.0T Quattro K04 Build

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
You have to lower it for sure :) And don't bother with a ko4 upgrade. Just sell it to me for $1k :)

yeah, its begging for a lowering pretty badly, no doubt.

RE: K04 - haha! $2000 even and its a deal! I can use it towards the coils and their install. sweet...

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
thanks Ted! I think i should probably choose a downpipe over doing coils right now, thats probably best.

haha, cause no pics! if i had a better phone than this shit BB i have for work, I'd snap some pics.

Downpipe for sure! I should have snapped a couple pics with the iPhone when I was there, the HDR camera does a great job in normal daylight.

emk6

Ready to race!
if you can live with the 4x4 ish at the moment then I would suggest going the DP route.

Just look at it as the car is still in "winter mode" and haven't converted to summer mode yet.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Downpipe for sure! I should have snapped a couple pics with the iPhone when I was there, the HDR camera does a great job in normal daylight.

damn, good point on the iphone pics!

if you can live with the 4x4 ish at the moment then I would suggest going the DP route.

Just look at it as the car is still in "winter mode" and haven't converted to summer mode yet.

true, i would do dp before coils at this point.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Indecisive Audi owner is indecisive

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
I have a billy boat dp that is non catted hooked up to the stock catback. It's pretty quiet except for at WOT. it's barely louder than stock when daily driving.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
and its catless? i thought it would be fairly loud, as Chris' is quite loud with the CBE added too.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Wouldn't selling the K04 defeat the initial goal?

haha, yeah - it would be postponed then. I need to find out how the ECU flash is gonna work now, since I sold the GTI, APR may need to charge more or something, since I technically am not currently flashed with them. if thats the case and its some ridiculous amount, I may just tell my tuner to order me KW V3's or Bilstein PSS10's and have those put on and wait out the K04 for a bit - I'm not going to pay $500 for a flash right now when i was a previous customer and im already spending $2500-ish on the turbo kit itself.

Chris doesn't have a middle resonator either, he pretty much is 200 cell catted, with dual rear mufflers.

damn, his shit is pretty loud. not Rizzo loud, but loud.

Ya mine has no resonator & it is cat-less. Sounds a lot quieter than chris's car.

weird. i guess the cbe resonator makes a huge difference then.