GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gunkata’s “S3” A3 2.0T Quattro K04 Build

Tell me you don't miss your GTI steering wheel? :laugh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Spoke to you about a Q7? In the the past. I am expert certified at a major high volume Audi dealer. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

indeed^ I will probably hit you up or just to let you know, my plan right now is put on the stoptechs, do an S3 IC , and a K04 and that's it. Run a detuned APR file for stock exhaust and just enjoy it like that. It seems like th eK04 isnt really noticeable unless someone is looking for it, yes?

Is it just me or is this a lot longer and bulkier than a GTI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Perhaps a tad longer in the back, but some parts of the interior are actually smaller. It's like a weird optical illusion they did, lol. Weight - its about 130lbs or so heavier i think, with the DSG and AWD, iirc.

My guess is with the K04 detuned, running around 300hp to the crank, with the S-Tronic/DSG and AWD, it should be quite a blast.

Tell me you don't miss your GTI steering wheel? :laugh:

the look only! haha.. I actually like the feel and the volume dial dealie much better on the Audi.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I was thinking about the downpipe concerns. With how VWoA and AoA are now scanning ECUs for modification every time a car comes through the door, they are going to know before a car even gets on the lift....

So in light of that...

I should probably just do a DP at some point anyway then, yes?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
grrrrr.. you're probably right..

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Hmm...Stock Exhaust tune form APR.....or balls deep power with DP?

Decisions....decisions.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
John, what's is this exactly ??

Run a detuned APR file for stock exhaust

I know, I should man up, yes?

Hmm...Stock Exhaust tune form APR.....or balls deep power with DP?

Decisions....decisions.

haha, balls deep eh?? ;)

Does anyone know if the Billy Boat catted dp's are fairly "quiet" or is that an oxymoron?

Also, I am shocked I have not gotten a ticket yet in this car, as I am driving it pretty quick out there, but somehow don't feel like the utter douchebag I felt like when driving the BMW....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Does this hide a tune better or something?????
What's the point In this.

Not really. But its very easily over looked if nothing looks modified. But, if they're scanning 100% then he's fucked either way.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Does this hide a tune better or something?????
What's the point In this.

it is quiet. wont hide anything ECU wise tho, which Bender correctly pointed out. It would also save me about.... $800 probably, at this moment in time to pass on it.

I can always add it later I guess and update the file then. I'm also looking at coilovers now, so.. yeah.. way too much money to think about at once, when the K04 kit is already paid for, just need to plan the install. I just cant see how the DP is really 60hp difference with tuning... but yeah, i should probably do it, and then ill probably end up flipping the car on the highway somewhere - OMGZSOFAST.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Don't say such things.....i have a huge install to do....my snow Performance upgraded stg.2 kit and the ko4 and my R intercooler....swoohhhh

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word^

Tint is planned for tomorrow now. Going to do 20% rear hatch and windows, 50% up front, 20% brow on the windshield, and going to do the third brake light again as well.