GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Depo LED Projector Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briones76

Hi, Dose. Thanks for the instructions on how to fix the hi beam flap issue. It was definitely rubbing and causing it to stick. Easy fix. Everything seems good now. Thank you.

cromaticx

Passed Driver's Ed
Any tips on how to seal them to avoid water and/or condensation? I installed mine a month ago and every time I was my car they always get so much condensation/water in them. It does evaporate after a week of driving/sitting in the sun.

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Any tips on how to seal them to avoid water and/or condensation? I installed mine a month ago and every time I was my car they always get so much condensation/water in them. It does evaporate after a week of driving/sitting in the sun.

Go OEM. I tried silica gel pacs, covered the assembly with felt covered sticker, additional silicone but with no luck. This is "normal" for any car even OEM per the vendor and we just have to deal with it.

But then again, I have never encountered this problem with OEM headlights before. Although I had this problem on my E46, dealer replaced the assembly with no questions asked.

Chockomon

Go OEM. I tried silica gel pacs, covered the assembly with felt covered sticker, additional silicone but with no luck. This is "normal" for any car even OEM per the vendor and we just have to deal with it.

But then again, I have never encountered this problem with OEM headlights before. Although I had this problem on my E46, dealer replaced the assembly with no questions asked.

I actually had condensation issues with my OEM Bixenons on my GTI, they weren't too bad but it did happen.

I will say that despite all the crap people are saying, OPD is a great company and really stands behind their products to help. Quick replies and honest. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ketchupfreak

Go Kart Champion
I got mine installed a few days ago and noticed I had the infamous black line down each headlight beam even with my HID bulb positioned with the return wire up. I took them out and reversed them so the return wire is facing down and it fixed the issue. Weird why I would be the anomaly.

Chockomon

I got mine installed a few days ago and noticed I had the infamous black line down each headlight beam even with my HID bulb positioned with the return wire up. I took them out and reversed them so the return wire is facing down and it fixed the issue. Weird why I would be the anomaly.

I don't think you're the anomaly...mine has to be face down too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmc333

Ready to race!
Yep, I thought I was good too since the return wire was on top- turned them on and there it was....

bmc333

Ready to race!
I had zero condensation issues with my stock halogens and have had zero condensation issues with my Depos as well. Lots of humidity, rain and car washes so they've been put to the test. Time will tell if that remains the case I guess - been about 2 months so far.

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
just installed mine. sealed them properly and gave her a wash and no condensation
http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/jlmoya/media/unnamed-3_zps08806101.jpg.html

Looks great!

Buyers have found luck with adding silicone around it in combination with adding Silica packs inside like many OEM's use. Here is a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170413460721?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Check your lights and verify you have 4 vent caps in place, Check the twist caps to ensure there is a seal in the cap and also ensure the rubber cap is pushed all the way down.

If the lights are not fully dried out condensation will continue until it is gone. (i.e. you installed on a humid day)

I actually had condensation issues with my OEM Bixenons on my GTI, they weren't too bad but it did happen.

I will say that despite all the crap people are saying, OPD is a great company and really stands behind their products to help. Quick replies and honest. Thanks!

Thank you for the compliments. People don't like to hear the truth if its not what they want to hear. A quick search on Vortex and you will find tons of post where people took their cars in to VW for condensation in OEM headlights and the dealer wont do anything.

This is a natural occurrence, trying to stop it is like trying to stop your glass of ice water from sweating or keeping your windows from fogging in the car. It wont happen, but you can try to remedy it with Silica Packs which do help!

This is a known that you have to flip HID bulbs 180 degrees. Projectors flip an image upside down. This is why when the wire is facing up it is displayed on the ground. If you install HID's you must flip the bulb, there is a guide on my website.

ketchupfreak

Go Kart Champion
Joseph, your instructions on the website state the return wire should be facing up which is what I did originally. In my case and others, the return wire needs to be facing down. It might be dependent on the bulb manufacture but it might be prudent to let customers know to test the beam pattern before bolting the headlights back in. Either way, cool product! I love the way the look.

ketchupfreak

Go Kart Champion
Also if anyone is getting a yellowish or not sharp cut off, you need to re-seat the bulbs and make sure they are sitting flat and tight in the bulb holder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.