GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - 034 Motorsport Catch Can Kit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Great writeup, photos, and that's one hell of a catch can kit.

Glad you agree that catch cans don't do much for preventing carbon buildup, I'm a firm believer in that as well.

What were your driving habits prior to the first carbon cleaning, just out of curiosity? A lot of short trips under 10 miles, or more highway driving?

Thank you. Driving habits included a quick 15 minute stent on the highway to work, typical 70mph cruise to work, all in all 5 minutes through towns, rarely ever left the car on at idle.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Thank you. Driving habits included a quick 15 minute stent on the highway to work, typical 70mph cruise to work, all in all 5 minutes through towns, rarely ever left the car on at idle.

:laugh:

Great. Sounds exactly like my current commute and driving habits.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

TrboGTi

Ready to race!
Good grief is that "normal" carbon buildup for the tsi? I was trying to stay on a simpke mod path with this car but I may have to install methanol injection just help combat the carbon buildup. That's ridiculous. My 1.8t with 130k looked shiny and brand new but I installed methanol injection at 15000 miles on that car.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Dude I hate that you made this thread. Every time I look at my bsh cc I have envy. I think I might buy.

Does the engine cover fit? Do you have any pulled back pics showing the whole engine?

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Dude I hate that you made this thread. Every time I look at my bsh cc I have envy. I think I might buy.

Does the engine cover fit? Do you have any pulled back pics showing the whole engine?

Engine cover fits just fine. However the kit looks so damn good its hard to want the engine cover on. I had the BSH kit before this and all I can say is its worlds ahead of the BSH can. Yes the BSH does its job fairly well, I think that the 034 kit does it that much better

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Engine cover fits just fine. However the kit looks so damn good its hard to want the engine cover on. I had the BSH kit before this and all I can say is its worlds ahead of the BSH can. Yes the BSH does its job fairly well, I think that the 034 kit does it that much better

For an extra $200+ (cost of adding a machine pcv replacement) it damn well better ;)

Im not knocking the product, the quality is top notch :thumbsup:

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Would like to pick this kit up. Any way to run this kit with a mechanical DV and boost gauge? Looks like the boost tap only allows for one or the other.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
For an extra $200+ (cost of adding a machine pcv replacement) it damn well better ;)

Im not knocking the product, the quality is top notch :thumbsup:

I thought I remembered reading that you had the block off plate and had to take it off because of oil loss :iono:

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
034 Motorsport Kit is top notch! Highly recommended, great write up!

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Any issues with leaks on your can OP? The o-ring on mine is not sealing and it's leaking quite a bit.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
are you talking about where the hoses connect to or the bottom of the can?

I haven't had any leaks at the hoses but the bottom of the can does have a tiny bit of blow by. I tightened the bottom and will check again soon.

I was talking about the top around the edges(where the can screws together), but it seems better after reassembling the can. I'll keep an eye on the bottom for blow by.