GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - deAutoKey 1800 Lumen CREE LED Fog Light Kit

MickB6

Passed Driver's Ed
Sweet! Np man :w00t: By the way, the pic I posted above w/ bracket is the right side (passenger side) wheel well. Removed the wheel, under belly, and wheel well lining... and poof, perfect view of the fog light area to work in.

You'll love the deAutoKey set as fogs... they're amazing, and I get tons of compliments on them. Really illuminates everything in all angles so well, and they don't blind on coming traffic.

Question for you:
What size bracket did you use to mount the resistors?

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Question for you:
What size bracket did you use to mount the resistors?

Sorry for late response. These are the brackets I got from Home Depot:

They were like $3 or $4 [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Looks like a good little kit, I may have to jump on these. I run fogs as my DRLs this would be great for visibility with Lamix layovers.

Thank you - they create a great beam angle, it has to do how the LED reflects in your housing, it will only reflect in 2 areas vs 360 like a HID bulb.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Will you guys be having any sales soon? $100 is a bit steep for led bulbs atm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Agreed. $60 would be the sweet spot for me.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Agreed. $60 would be the sweet spot for me.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

$100 is a great price for these inclusive of the balasts, high quality bulb and heat sink combo and resistors with plug and play harness. Trust me, when you hold the bulbs and components in hand you'll agree they are high quality.

:thumbsup: Thank you for the feedback. I have to agree because I had experience with the $60.00 kits I see on Amazon and others have too.

They are not charging $100 or a kit they can be selling for $50.00, that isn't how they operate. They are bringing higher quality items to market.

Here is one example ($75.00) amazon kit vs their $104 kit, they look similar but the amazon was flimsy and the light temp was a blueish color, it also failed after a month.

Amazon LED Kit vs deAutoLED LED Kit

You get what you pay for, there is only so many molds for these LEDs so they will look similar but what matters is the material, electronics and LED chip that goes into them, it is like saying a 20w and 100w incandescent bulb should be the same brightness because they look identical.

But, do not get me wrong, I know where you are coming from, it is hard to go with a $100 kit when there is $40 kits on eBay that look the same. But the endless customer reviews and feedback sometimes even comparing both proves you do get what you pay for.

MickB6

Passed Driver's Ed

WTH, not even 2 weeks ago I bought these at $121.99. Haven't even installed them yet.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
WTH, not even 2 weeks ago I bought these at $121.99. Haven't even installed them yet.

The prices are the same still: It's $100 if you don't purchase the resistors, $125 w/ resistors (which for our cars, you need.. otherwise you get a bulb out error that can't be coded out).

MickB6

Passed Driver's Ed
The prices are the same still: It's $100 if you don't purchase the resistors, $125 w/ resistors (which for our cars, you need.. otherwise you get a bulb out error that can't be coded out).

Oh, my bad. BTW, I ended up buying the 2" version of the corner brace you bought. What was the blue stuff at the end of the bolt you used in your picture?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Correct, it has been the same price, it was not increased or lowered.

Loctite, to ensure it doesn't come loose :thumbsup:

Great idea. :thumbsup: