GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - deAutoKey 1800 Lumen CREE LED Fog Light Kit

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I installed these over the weekend. They look like quality items, fans and metal heat sinks built into the rear of the bulb. And HOLY HELL are they bright. I haven't driven through the dark with them yet, but I tried them out in my driveway at night and I can barely even see my actual headlights with these on (Morimoto 5000k HIDs in Ed's Projector Lights).

Very satisfied with the purchase. And here is how I mounted the ballasts and resistors.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I installed these over the weekend. They look like quality items, fans and metal heat sinks built into the rear of the bulb. And HOLY HELL are they bright. I haven't driven through the dark with them yet, but I tried them out in my driveway at night and I can barely even see my actual headlights with these on (Morimoto 5000k HIDs in Ed's Projector Lights).

Very satisfied with the purchase. And here is how I mounted the ballasts and resistors.

hi, thank you very much for the feedback, we appreciate it!

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
One thing that should be noted and stressed is that the included resistors get hot enough to melt any plastic they come in contact with. There was zero warning in the box etc that they get extremely hot or suggestions on how or where to mount them.

My end result was that these resistors melted a hole in my bumper. ABS plastic has a melting point of 221 degrees! These need to have significant warnings on them to prevent a potentially dangerous situation.

Unfortunately I had to learn the hard way from the lack of any instructions and warnings on this kit and I now have a bubble/hole in my bumper.

After that issue I removed the resistors and I am running these without the resistors attached so I don't have to worry about melting anything else from that heat. I coded out the bulb out warning for the fogs.

I have had these for a few months also and the light output has turned to a more yellowish tone similar to halogen bulbs and they no longer match the stock HID's.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
One thing that should be noted and stressed is that the included resistors get hot enough to melt any plastic they come in contact with. There was zero warning in the box etc that they get extremely hot or suggestions on how or where to mount them.

My end result was that these resistors melted a hole in my bumper. ABS plastic has a melting point of 221 degrees! These need to have significant warnings on them to prevent a potentially dangerous situation.

Unfortunately I had to learn the hard way from the lack of any instructions and warnings on this kit and I now have a bubble/hole in my bumper.

After that issue I removed the resistors and I am running these without the resistors attached so I don't have to worry about melting anything else from that heat. I coded out the bulb out warning for the fogs.

I have had these for a few months also and the light output has turned to a more yellowish tone similar to halogen bulbs and they no longer match the stock HID's.

Sorry to hear about your bumper. I'm curious though, how did you code out the fog light bulb error? I was under the impression that you couldn't.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Sorry to hear this, we mention to only mount this onto metal on our site and always link this DIY to make it more clear, we also include paper in the package, it could have been missed though if you said you did not receive it. So we are sorry that happened.

For the color temperature, they are a 5k, not 6k, we have 6k also but most like the 5k if you have the 4300k OEM housing, what HID kit do you have installed, a 6k or stock 4300k that came with the car, halogen/projector?

Sorry to hear about your bumper. I'm curious though, how did you code out the fog light bulb error? I was under the impression that you couldn't.

That would be helpful and we could lower the cost of our kits if people want to code our errors vs installing the resistors!

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry to hear this, we mention to only mount this onto metal on our site and always link this DIY to make it more clear, we also include paper in the package, it could have been missed though if you said you did not receive it. So we are sorry that happened.

For the color temperature, they are a 5k, not 6k, we have 6k also but most like the 5k if you have the 4300k OEM housing, what HID kit do you have installed, a 6k or stock 4300k that came with the car, halogen/projector?

That would be helpful and we could lower the cost of our kits if people want to code our errors vs installing the resistors!

I have the factory LED drl 2013+ gli headlights with stock HID's.
Initially the color was pretty much an identical match. Over time they seemed to have changed as far as coloring and are a bit closer to a halogen color but they for sure are not a exact match after using them.

Maybe it is related to high temps the LED's would see after X amount of hours of use or using them for a longer period. My commute is 45miles each way to work and I typically will leave the fogs on the whole time both ways.

As far as coding I had assistance from my co-worker who is very advanced with vag-com. We made a few long coding changes to disable the bulb out error. It was only giving the bulb out warning at start up so it was similar to "cold diagnostics" but I believe it is not called that on the mk6's. I will have to ask him to reconnect the vag-com to give me exactly what coding he changed to clear out the bulb out error.

He learned this from buying a wrecked golf tdi and changed out every exterior bulb to LED as well as doing a full golf R exterior. So initially it was a lot of trial and error to get the bulb out errors he was getting.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I have the factory LED drl 2013+ gli headlights with stock HID's.
Initially the color was pretty much an identical match. Over time they seemed to have changed as far as coloring and are a bit closer to a halogen color but they for sure are not a exact match after using them.

Maybe it is related to high temps the LED's would see after X amount of hours of use or using them for a longer period. My commute is 45miles each way to work and I typically will leave the fogs on the whole time both ways.

As far as coding I had assistance from my co-worker who is very advanced with vag-com. We made a few long coding changes to disable the bulb out error. It was only giving the bulb out warning at start up so it was similar to "cold diagnostics" but I believe it is not called that on the mk6's. I will have to ask him to reconnect the vag-com to give me exactly what coding he changed to clear out the bulb out error.

He learned this from buying a wrecked golf tdi and changed out every exterior bulb to LED as well as doing a full golf R exterior. So initially it was a lot of trial and error to get the bulb out errors he was getting.

Interesting, that is not something we heard before, HID bulbs normally have a burn in time but not the LEDs so the light temperature should be consistent throughout their life.

Do they tell you the light temperature of your stock HID kit, and you said you never switched them with a different xenon bulb because many brands label 5k and it is a 6k hid bulb.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Does anyone have a comparison one side Hallen and the other side these???

We have changed over to the de360 due to the response - they are a bit brighter but more money check out a full review here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7144811-LED-Fog-Light-Kit

and here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7145817-deAutoKey-DE360-LED-Fog-Light-Kit

We think this will give you a good view on how much brighter these are.

They are the same concept as the passat b7.

clownish

just clowning around
I am looking to purchase this set which I believe is the one being discussed here. http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-complete-led-fog-light-kit

Does anyone have a comparison between the 5000k and 6000k? I am familiar with the difference on HIDs but I haven't seen the difference with these LEDs.

5k matches OEM bixenon headlight color perfectly. 6k is noticeably brighter looking, even if both colors produce the same lumen output.

I have 6k and constantly think I should have gotten 5k. But I like more OEM+ looking things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I am looking to purchase this set which I believe is the one being discussed here. http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-complete-led-fog-light-kit

Does anyone have a comparison between the 5000k and 6000k? I am familiar with the difference on HIDs but I haven't seen the difference with these LEDs.

5k matches OEM bixenon headlight color perfectly. 6k is noticeably brighter looking, even if both colors produce the same lumen output.

I have 6k and constantly think I should have gotten 5k. But I like more OEM+ looking things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the info.

We have 6k 5k and now a 4300k - we were going to do some testing, we asked one member currently to see if they want to test, if not, we can try another person who might be interested.

They are currently on back order due to a small rush after some great reviews/photos showing how great these work.

Thank you

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
thanks for the info.

We have 6k 5k and now a 4300k - we were going to do some testing, we asked one member currently to see if they want to test, if not, we can try another person who might be interested.

They are currently on back order due to a small rush after some great reviews/photos showing how great these work.

Thank you

Would be interested checking out that 4300k kit so I wouldnt have to change my headlight color temp