GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport Solid Shifter Bracket Bushing Kit (SSBB)

Jpembry

Passed Driver's Ed
So I called 42DD and told them I ordered this MK6 shifter bushing set, they said the MK6 GTI does not need the side bushing and extra bolt that comes in the MK5 GTI kit bc this area is reinforced from factory?

http://store.42draftdesigns.com/VW-Shifter-Bushing-Set--Mk6-6S-MY10-13_p_459.html

This is the exact response I got when I posed the same question to 42dd after installing mine. I just installed the verdict Motorsport bushings today to go along with my 42dd bushings and s3 shifter and while I Havnt driven the car yet the shifter still moves side to side while in gear. I now believe that this can be solely attributed to the stock side to side shifter.. I was hoping the verdict bushings would help this but it doesn't seem like they did much in that aspect

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
You guys need to get the sigma 6 or the vwr shifter. Trust me you will not be disappointed. It's a night and day difference.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
You guys need to get the sigma 6 or the vwr shifter. Trust me you will not be disappointed. It's a night and day difference.

Nothing special about the vwr kit. Same as all the others. Not a fan if the sigma without the counter weight... Too notchy. I love the feel of a counter weighted SS with 42dd bushings.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Nothing special about the vwr kit. Same as all the others. Not a fan if the sigma without the counter weight... Too notchy. I love the feel of a counter weighted SS with 42dd bushings.

I do agree with you I wish the diesel geek unit was weighted, it's does not have a oem feel. But if you are looking for something rock solid it's the way to go. I like how the VWR kit has some adjustability to it, other than that you are right, same as the others..

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
These bushings seem a lot better of a starter mod @ $35 vs the vwr ss @ $250

It's a totally different feel and much shorter throws. It's really comparing apple to oranges imo. But I understand your point

I think I paid around 180 for the sigma 6

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
This is the exact response I got when I posed the same question to 42dd after installing mine. I just installed the verdict Motorsport bushings today to go along with my 42dd bushings and s3 shifter and while I Havnt driven the car yet the shifter still moves side to side while in gear. I now believe that this can be solely attributed to the stock side to side shifter.. I was hoping the verdict bushings would help this but it doesn't seem like they did much in that aspect

i believe that the side to side movement in gear actually has to do with some things on the actual shifter inside the car.

there was a thread about it sometime last year.

oempls

Go Kart Champion
The one I linked works 100% on our mk6. It has the same bushings as your review but also includes the plastic side to side reinforcement. It's the one I have been running for 15000 miles. Call them up and get that piece.

Had these in my MK4 and gonna pull the trigger on the MK6 as well. Just wanted a little clarification, order the kit for the MK6 or the MK5? It seems like a no braininer but you guys went back and forth a little so I was curious. Nice build BTW.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
They are saying the mkv and mk6 side to sides are different even though that look identical. The mk6 doesn't need the support like you said.

I'll tell you I noticed less play in that side to side after the addition of the mkv piece.... Plus it eliminated that shitty plastic clip.

Edit:
Ecs list the side to side for the mkv and the mk6 as the same part number so idk what's going on. I felt a benefit so why they don't include it is beyond me

That shitty white plastic clip? I just put in the S3 SS and had the 42DD bushings. I put one bushing in, but couldn't figure how to get the pivot arm off and broke half of that white plastic clip off. I got scared and stopped. It's still on good and the pivot arm is still sturdy. How the heck did you guys drill a hole with that pivot arm still attached to get that other bushing in.

I may have to talk to you guys over the phone to figure this one out.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
That shitty white plastic clip? I just put in the S3 SS and had the 42DD bushings. I put one bushing in, but couldn't figure how to get the pivot arm off and broke half of that white plastic clip off. I got scared and stopped. It's still on good and the pivot arm is still sturdy. How the heck did you guys drill a hole with that pivot arm still attached to get that other bushing in.

I may have to talk to you guys over the phone to figure this one out.

It would probably be better to switch to the metal side to side piece which uses a metal e clip instead of the plastic piece.

Here is the video install, it shows what needs to be drilled. I had a friend do it for me 2 years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsRVUBK7XNM

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Neither of those replies answered my questions.