GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interest in customized Raceseng shift knob?

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I started a bit of a conversation with the good folks at Raceseng to see if their Orbature knob can be customized with dimples like a golf ball (a la classic GTI). This is a really nicely CNC'd piece that looks awesome in person, and they might think about doing some sort of group buy for something like this. Conversation is still ongoing, but here's the initial mock up. I want to see if there is any interest for something like this.

zrickety

The Fixer
Bigger dimples please and less symmetry. Good idea.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Bigger dimples please and less symmetry. Good idea.

Yeah I definitely agree on symmetry! That's the first thing I mentioned is basically offsetting the dimples. We'll see where this goes :)

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
looks good. more golf ball like .. In for pricing

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I should say that if there is interest for something like this (a custom made weighted shift knob) there's a very good possibility that the manufacturer (Raceseng. Look them up they have pretty good stuff) would be motivated in doing a group buy either on here or on vwvortex (or maybe on there own site). I'm just really interested myself since I think this could look really good, and a nice weighted shift knob would really go well with my DG short shifter.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

Above is updated renders integrating some of the feedback. What do you guys think?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Just going to add that the bottom row of dimples will be removed to make the top look more Golf ball-ly

zrickety

The Fixer
A simple circle etched around the bottom would add to the ball effect too.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
I'd be in depending on how much they mark it up over their standard knobs. Those things aren't cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
fwiw, i love my sphereology knob

Raceseng ftw

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
FYI, the pricing info that I had posted was apparently for illustration purposes only. I had misread that email.