GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just test drove a BRZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
performance doesnt matter when all i see people doing to them is stancing them..

lol..

great body styling, poor engine performance and poor interior quality.. sounds like a jdm car to me.

:laugh::laugh:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I think people are trying to play this car up a little since it was a little lack luster upon release. Sorry, but it's going to take a TON of money to put it in a league that is even conisderable to gain respect.

And even then....its still partly a Toyota/Scion. Subaru can easily gain respect back with an STI version though.

How would this stack up against a Genesis Coupe?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think people are trying to play this car up a little since it was a little lack luster upon release. Sorry, but it's going to take a TON of money to put it in a league that is even conisderable to gain respect.

And even then....its still partly a Toyota/Scion. Subaru can easily gain respect back with an STI version though.

How would this stack up against a Genesis Coupe?

Like shit, its slower than even the cheapest 2.0T by a wide margin.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Like shit, its slower than even the cheapest 2.0T by a wide margin.

My point exactly :) And at the price tag?.....you're better off somewhere else.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
At the "stock" level the car needs different wheels/tires at the very least and 50-100HP. Since it comes with really shitty tires.

Also it has 0 torque, it is outclassed by almost every car in it's price range.

Sure it may be "fun to drive" but that's a high price to pay for lack of features/torque/power/interior

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
At the "stock" level the car needs different wheels/tires at the very least and 50-100HP. Since it comes with really shitty tires.

Also it has 0 torque, it is outclassed by almost every car in it's price range.

Sure it may be "fun to drive" but that's a high price to pay for lack of features/torque.

Fun to drive is subjective. Especially when you're winding out the engine and only going 30mph. :D

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
performance doesnt matter when all i see people doing to them is stancing them..

lol..

great body styling, poor engine performance and poor interior quality.. sounds like a jdm car to me.

Im agreeing with it, the BRZ and the FS-S are just a cheap mix of MX-5/RX-8. I talked about it to my friend and he said, oh ya!! kinda the new supra ? :lol: no... not at all! maybe later...

No STI edition are confirmed or we are just playing with the ton of rumors already ? Who knows the truth?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Subaru says no turbo, most likely 250hp n/a version of the car , possible brake and suspension upgrades. I think HKS will sell a turbo kit through Scion dealers possibly as well.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Subaru says no turbo, most likely 250hp n/a version of the car , possible brake and suspension upgrades. I think HKS will sell a turbo kit through Scion dealers possibly as well.

I don't know if a turbo is a good idea for that car. If the stock STI pops the piston rings and essentially this is a similar engine... I don't foresee a good reliability track-record.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Im agreeing with it, the BRZ and the FS-S are just a cheap mix of MX-5/RX-8. I talked about it to my friend and he said, oh ya!! kinda the new supra ? :lol: no... not at all! maybe later...

No STI edition are confirmed or we are just playing with the ton of rumors already ? Who knows the truth?

hahaha the new supra would the be the N54/5 engines of the 135/335/535 those engines will be the next 2jz :X

Some are making 750WHP on stock blocks and run in the 10s now.

Any how, yes this car in my opinion had potential with the exterior styling and then was crushed with an NA engine in a market that is growing in the use of turbo-4cylinders.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
A manual-equipped FRS is actually pretty close to a stock DSG GTI in the 1/4 mile:

GTI -- 14.7@96
FRS -- 14.8@94

You just have to wind out the engine (opposite of the GTI with its strong midrange pull).

BTW Motor Trend recently did a comparison, FRS/BRZ took the top 2 spots, GTI came in 5th :( At least the GTI got points for being the best DD.

Pretty sure HKS's kit will be a supercharger.

I don't know if a turbo is a good idea for that car. If the stock STI pops the piston rings and essentially this is a similar engine... I don't foresee a good reliability track-record.

Completely different engine.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
A manual-equipped FRS is actually pretty close to a stock DSG GTI in the 1/4 mile:

GTI -- 14.7@96
FRS -- 14.8@94

You just have to wind out the engine (opposite of the GTI with its strong midrange pull).

BTW Motor Trend recently did a comparison, FRS/BRZ took the top 2 spots, GTI came in 5th :( At least the GTI got points for being the best DD.

Completely different engine.

You dont think motortrend is ever pressured to release data favorable to a manufactures desires lol.

The GTI can drop into the 13s with simple mods, those same simple mods dont exist for the FRS and arent even an option.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Those numbers are both from MT.

Never said they did.

My reference was to how they rate cars and who gets #1.

Well I am just saying the BRZ/FRS do not have the simple bolt on aftermarket of turbo cars that can generally produce another 50whp over stock with minor bolt ons.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I know that a lot of companies both based in Japan and here are already testing and fitting turbo kits for these cars. There is a huge market for the Scion followers.

I agree with Boosted_r56 in order to get 50whp gain these guys will have to shell out for a kit and not just bolt ons like factory forced induction cars.

Look for them to have to spend 2-3K to get a good 50whp

Status
Not open for further replies.