GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 vs F23T

urbanevil

Ready to race!
I just moved back to MD. What/when is Dubs at the Gap?
Its a VW/Audi show out in Western MD that raises $$ for charity.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The CTS kit is a true Borgwarner correct?
Yes, Along with APR, AWE, and Unitronic kits.
HPA k04 kit is a hybrid. F23T is a hybrid. im sure there is probably another one somewhere that i am forgetting about.
Just because you stretch out her hole doesn't mean you have the right to call her a ho.
This too, thats like getting nakey photos and then calling her a "B" or a "Sloot" when she doesnt wanna sleep with you.

Oh I'm happy with it.. Just questioning for how long..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I think you will be fine some people have no issues and Doug does stand behind and help in anyway he can if a issue does come. Its just if people are going to ask which kit the regular k04 kits are tried and true and easy for one and done.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Just an update, I'm ordering the CTS K04 kit guys, thanks for the input!

FriggenT1

Banned
Just an update, I'm ordering the CTS K04 kit guys, thanks for the input!

Good choice, I wasn't much on cts' customer service, but I got the kit I needed, got it put in and that was that...well after I had p&p the turbo. Something you might want to consider is the dv relocate will only work with stock or cts' intake...they try to shafts you on that. Ask john@uni about what you need

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Good choice, I wasn't much on cts' customer service, but I got the kit I needed, got it put in and that was that...well after I had p&p the turbo.
Yeah I'm pretty stoked, still debating protuning it, or just upgrading to Uni 2+, only $150

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I'm pretty stoked, still debating protuning it, or just upgrading to Uni 2+, only $150
just get uni software and call it a day.

FriggenT1

Banned
Good choice, I wasn't much on cts' customer service, but I got the kit I needed, got it put in and that was that...well after I had p&p the turbo. Something you might want to consider is the dv relocate will only work with stock or cts' intake...they try to shafts you on that. Ask john@uni about what you need

Not sure if you saw the last part of this post, but check on that intake pipe

FriggenT1

Banned

The protune will yield more power, but idk what the cost is. My suggestion would be to sell the AP, take the 150 you would spend and get a UM tune. They are pushing a lot of power, but I like John, so it's about what you want.

FriggenT1

Banned
This is what I did to fit my oem stage 2 pipe into the cts coupler.

Just a piece of silicone I had laying around, so I was lucky it just happened to fit...f**k their 20.00 bs insert...that's when they acted like a holes when I told them I didn't want to have to buy their intake just to have one that worked.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Know what you are getting in to.

It's been proven on the same software with no other changes besides the turbo that the F23 does make more power than an untouched K04. BUT is that 15whp-ish worth it to you?

I'll defend the F23's quality. No one can argue that I've had the F23 the longest and put a ton of beating on it. To be clear I am not on my original one since I switched to the current "mixed flow" version. The "mixed flow" is the current version and a nice jump over the original F23.

I was APR K04 at around 15k then switched to F23 at around 40k. I now have 112k on the car, majority of miles have been on F23. The turbo has been running flawless even with all the beating on it and my high daily driven miles.

Look, the K04 is proven. For 7 years people have been running the K04 on their cars. Tons of feedback tons of OTS tunes. The F23 is new option with a very small percentage of MK6 guys running it. Obviously less support and less feedback. There are local cars running APR 91 file on the F23 and tracking with no issues though. It really depends what you plan with the car.

There were a few people overly enthusiastic about the F23 without having the tuning support or tuning options that are required for this turbo to really shine. Given Stratified is doing a great job eTuning with COBB, if you can find a local tuner that can throw the car on the dyno and tune it that would be optimal.

If you are willing to tinker and play with the F23 you can get great power out of it. I've been on 4 different fueling set ups and the turbo does like fuel. Your options are Eurodyne and COBB for custom tuning. The latter has been more the go to recently.

Obviously posting dyno numbers are pointless with nothing to compare to so hope this will help. At the shop all on the same Dynopak dyno. Average APR K04 v3 91 oct cars hit 312-315whp. On F23 91 Eurodyne I was 326 whp. Currently on e85 I am 401 whp. You can get the power if you want it. But it is not for everyone.

urbanevil

Ready to race!

It's been proven on the same software with no other changes besides the turbo that the F23 does make more power than an untouched K04. BUT is that 15whp-ish worth it to you?

I'll defend the F23's quality. No one can argue that I've had the F23 the longest and put a ton of beating on it. To be clear I am not on my original one since I switched to the current "mixed flow" version. The "mixed flow" is the current version and a nice jump over the original F23.

I was APR K04 at around 15k then switched to F23 at around 40k. I now have 112k on the car, majority of miles have been on F23. The turbo has been running flawless even with all the beating on it and my high daily driven miles.

Look, the K04 is proven. For 7 years people have been running the K04 on their cars. Tons of feedback tons of OTS tunes. The F23 is new option with a very small percentage of MK6 guys running it. Obviously less support and less feedback. There are local cars running APR 91 file on the F23 and tracking with no issues though. It really depends what you plan with the car.

There were a few people overly enthusiastic about the F23 without having the tuning support or tuning options that are required for this turbo to really shine. Given Stratified is doing a great job eTuning with COBB, if you can find a local tuner that can throw the car on the dyno and tune it that would be optimal.

If you are willing to tinker and play with the F23 you can get great power out of it. I've been on 4 different fueling set ups and the turbo does like fuel. Your options are Eurodyne and COBB for custom tuning. The latter has been more the go to recently.

Obviously posting dyno numbers are pointless with nothing to compare to so hope this will help. At the shop all on the same Dynopak dyno. Average APR K04 v3 91 oct cars hit 312-315whp. On F23 91 Eurodyne I was 326 whp. Currently on e85 I am 401 whp. You can get the power if you want it. But it is not for everyone.
Thanks for the input, I was hoping you would chime in. I ultimately decided to go K04, just for the ease of use, and plug n play like adaptability. I appreciate everyone's input, as I know hit can become a hot button topic.

FriggenT1

Banned

Haven't you had like 3 or 4 turbos, on one occasion the chra went up?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Haven't you had like 3 or 4 turbos, on one occasion the chra went up?

The original turbo worked flawless. During the time I had the original F23 2 CHRA, with a new design, were sent to try in the housing. Neither time the car left the dyno hahaha. They blew up. Original components were bolted back up car was driven and competed at the EuroCar GP still on that original turbo.

The original turbo never failed.

"Mixed flow" version was installed to hopefully gain more power, which it did.

FriggenT1

Banned
The original turbo worked flawless. During the time I had the original F23 2 CHRA, with a new design, were sent to try in the housing. Neither time the car left the dyno hahaha. They blew up. Original components were bolted back up car was driven and competed at the EuroCar GP still on that original turbo.

The original turbo never failed.

"Mixed flow" version was installed to hopefully gain more power, which it did.

Yes, I'm aware of the mixed flow since I had the same version. I'm not interested in any sort of bashing or debate on this turbo. All I'll say is I'm glad you've done well with yours, I did NOT have good luck with mine.