GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KDR Motorwerks Release: TSI Grounding Kit

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
:lol: :bellyroll: :lol: :bellyroll: :lol:
:laugh:

Think what you want, I have PM'd John and already talked to him about it. I did get caught up in the rush, but I figured I would give him a shot. Wouldnt hurt....

Got anything else for me? I dont see you taking the jump for the sake of the forum.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
damn, you nerds are really getting in on it huh?

How is this a negative thing ("you nerds")? Granted, I was making a joke in this thread earlier (though it's long since deleted) but give some credit and thanks to a member willing to spend his hard earned money to test out a product. His feedback will benefit many people, good or bad. I'm glad we have people here willing to take a chance on untested, unclear products.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Also a bonus, it'll make my engine bay look badass for Stage 3!

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
It's funny that "us nerds" have the money to throw around (Is $50 really a lot to some of you people? Wow. ) on supposedly silly shit.

:D

Evidently nerd = $$$$$.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Hell no. You should bold-face that shit and put "FREE!" in front of APR Stage 3 in your sig.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Updated :thumbsup:

kniteshift

Ready to race!
How is this a negative thing ("you nerds")? Granted, I was making a joke in this thread earlier (though it's long since deleted) but give some credit and thanks to a member willing to spend his hard earned money to test out a product. His feedback will benefit many people, good or bad. I'm glad we have people here willing to take a chance on untested, unclear products.

was just a joke man, relax.

It's funny that "us nerds" have the money to throw around (Is $50 really a lot to some of you people? Wow. ) on supposedly silly shit.

:D

Evidently nerd = $$$$$.

you too.

And I wasn't commenting about spending $50 nerdy, just the long-drawn debatable argument of whether this product works or not.

AnthonyNTC31

Passed Driver's Ed
well lucky for you guys, I have a Masters in EE, and specialize in signal integrity. If you vehicle is running properly, I would view the purchase of this as more of a fail safe than anything thing else due to redundancy.

with that being said, proper grounding is crucial, however an OEM GTI will probably not benefit much (since newbs havent touched it). most electrical noise problems are from faulty grounds, most likely because owner is modifying their vehicle and did not reassemble it properly, or dirt, or some sort of insulator is blocking the path to ground, thus inhibiting the flow of electrons. the electrical system on these cars is properly engineered. With the vast amount of digital circuitry, proper filtering and signal dampening is always done (most likely by a crap ton of capacitors to filter the AC signal or noise to ground) As a result of this, the digital signals sent within the ecu should be easily resolved and proper ignition timing, fuel delivering, etc will be achieved. this goes the same for none digital components like an alternator, which generates an AC signal. The AC signal usually passes through a diode network to rectify the signal (take away the negative portion of the signal) this is then again filtered to clean up the AC component riding in the signal. The filter will not work properly if it can not pass the AC portion to ground, but if any point to the chassis exists, it will....so a good contact to ground is really all u need. If not, you electrical components will see noise (fluctuation in voltage)

if you are having electrical issues, this purchase would be a quick place to start if you are to lazy to check all your grounds.

cheers!

Last edited: