GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

lilfleck's Build Thread

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I love the tints. Do you get in trouble with them often?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
5/19/2013

Installed a BFI Stage 1 Torque Insert

Install:
Went smooth. I took my time jacking the car up on jack stands and properly removing/installing. I initially tried to install it without removing the dog bone, but it did not want to go in (used lithium grease). Once the dog bone was removed completely, I added lube to the inside of the OEM mount and was able to slide it in 2/3 of the way, then followed it up with a rubber mallet and voila done.

Be careful not to strip the threads when rebolting the OEM dog bone. I can see it happening since its a snug fit.

Initial Impressions:
Definitely heavier vibrations in reverse, I think it will smooth out over time though. I feel an increase in vibration at idle. It is subtle, but there. I'm sure this will also smooth out. Right now, I am indeed very sensitive to it and notice where/when it vibrates.

On driving impressions, it's really wet outside, so I couldn't really test takeoff or anything. I did notice though shifts are smoother. I couldn't understand for the life of me how this would happen but now I do. Before, when I would clutch in to shift gears, I would feel more weight in the car surge forward. Now when I shift, the engine/trans seems to stay in place and I feel way less movement going forward.

I am looking forward to watching a passenger's head next time I have one. They are usually a good indicator if I am driving smoothly or not.

Last edited:

d4dawg

Ready to race!
I envy your Snap on tools! I just can't justify their prices for my occasional use. And if I ever buy a set, they will never get used, because I don't want them dirty. LOL.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Those are actually my buddies :) I do all my work in his garage. I make sure I clean all of them after each use.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Gracias sir.

Update on the tails, having some issues getting a good shipment. Seem's like i've gotten a bad batch (twice) :(