GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

London, Ontario

Artysta

Ready to race!
Not sure about London, but there are some storage places around london. They usually go for a hefty price though.. anywhere from 250-300 for 6 months of storage, and you can't really remove the car anytime you want.

are there any good garages in London area for GTI?

the_abuse

Ready to race!
are there any good garages in London area for GTI?

I think you mean like maintenance garages right...

Autobahn Motors on the corner of warencliff and oxford. its right beside the McDonalds. All they do is VW and Audi there great there.

Dubs1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm getting my GTI next friday, and I'm in london. What colour of cars do you guys have and what sort of mods? I'll be in a CW GTI (see sig for deets). :)

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I'd be down for sure!

I was running theMazda3London club for a while when I had my Speed3. We all ended up getting new/different cars and the club is dead.:(

But meeting some GTI guys/gals would be great!

Good to see that I was not the only Speed3 to GTI driver. May I ask the reason why you made the switch?

circulator

Passed Driver's Ed
Good to see that I was not the only Speed3 to GTI driver. May I ask the reason why you made the switch?

I loved the Speed3, but it was leased and I just bought a house with my wife so we were trimming some fat (I have a bike as well, too many toys :cry:)

The Speed was harder to drive than the GTI but both are a blast!

Why did you switch?

Dubs1

Passed Driver's Ed
It sucks that I haven't really seen many GTI's around yet. Especially CW's. Well hopefully now that I'm back on the road I will see you guys around. I'll be sure to nod/wave :p

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I loved the Speed3, but it was leased and I just bought a house with my wife so we were trimming some fat (I have a bike as well, too many toys :cry:)

The Speed was harder to drive than the GTI but both are a blast!

Why did you switch?

I had some issues with the transmission and the shift linkage. Beyond that it was quite expensive to insure as it was equivalent to a mustang GT. Fuel comsumption was also very high, but might have had something to do with my rightfoot. In general the GTI is cheaper to insure and is far more fuel efficient.

Artysta

Ready to race!
I'm getting my GTI next friday, and I'm in london. What colour of cars do you guys have and what sort of mods? I'll be in a CW GTI (see sig for deets). :)

i have a cw too! Is yours 2 or 4 door. See my mod list below, more to come :)

Artysta

Ready to race!
any of you guys know of any good places where I could get a set of winter tires/steel wheels. VW quoted me at $1060, I was hoping to spend somewhere around $800

Dubs1

Passed Driver's Ed
i have a cw too! Is yours 2 or 4 door. See my mod list below, more to come :)

It's a 4dr. Saw you video link, looks good. :) I'm gonna talk to a friend of mine, but justin at leavens was telling me the price the have for the winters they sell isn't too bad. My guess is that you can find cheaper rims to bring the cost down. I'm also looking for winters as well, and the ones leavens sells are highly rated. Think they're $176+tax for just the tire.

Dubs1

Passed Driver's Ed
BTW Artysta, I would love to meet up and see LEDs in person :p.

Artysta

Ready to race!
It's a 4dr. Saw you video link, looks good. :) I'm gonna talk to a friend of mine, but justin at leavens was telling me the price the have for the winters they sell isn't too bad. My guess is that you can find cheaper rims to bring the cost down. I'm also looking for winters as well, and the ones leavens sells are highly rated. Think they're $176+tax for just the tire.

i think that was circulator's gti you saw in that video :p Dalmar quotes me that price for Pirelli Carvings. The steel wheels alone are 130 each