GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mad Codes Just Popped Up

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Which o2 sensor is Bank 1 Sensor 2?

Threw a few codes tonight... all pointing to o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2. Anyone know which one it is? I am CBFA.

Just left dinner tonight, 20F outside. Went to get gas as the light just kicked on. Fill up, had the ignition in on position to read and log fuel mileage. Started it up and as soon as I pulled out accelerating in second gear I noticed the CEL kicked on. Checked Torque app and found a bunch of codes... I haven't done anything to the car lately.

Any ideas? P.S. It's below freezing out and I don't have a garage to check the car... :-(

Tapped with my thumbs

Last edited:

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Blown fuse, did you run anything over that could have cut or broke an 02 sensor wire that would aloud it to short to ground and pop a fuse? I've seen it a few times.

Edit- nevermind, I thought it had faults for both sensors

Sounds like a dead 02 sensor or a bad spacer setup

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Blown fuse, did you run anything over that could have cut or broke an 02 sensor wire that would aloud it to short to ground and pop a fuse? I've seen it a few times.

Edit- nevermind, I thought it had faults for both sensors

Sounds like a dead 02 sensor or a bad spacer setup

Went in & out of a semi-steep driveway last night before the gas station. Had the music goin, so not sure if I hit anything under there.

I have one spacer in there now, and I remember when I last checked it out, there was a wire hanging down. I went under and tie wrapped it to the body, and I thought I fixed it.

I gotta take a peak under there when I can... too bad its dark when I leave work :(

Isj

Go Kart Champion
the first sensor is on the turbo, the second sensor will be in between the two catalytic converters afaik

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Just out of curiosity what app is that? that's pretty sick

Torque App for Android you need a bluetooth OBD2 connector for it to work.

Bendial

Ready to race!
Bummer, so nothing like that for iPhone? Sorry not trying to hijack your thread I just think its super cool :)

jb606

Passed Driver's Ed
....HELP ME OR SHUT UP!

Thanks

There's a good way to get people to help....

Either the O2 sensor is dead (B1S2 will be after they primary cat) or you have a short. Inspect the harness and connector, clear the codes, and drive. If the codes come back replace the sensor. If that doesn't work put the stock DP back on.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
did you twist the O2 sensor wires during downpipe installs or remove the harness properly?